How do I disable the Windows Live avatar (a photo) in my outgoing email messages?

With the change of Hotmail/MSN email to Outlook, I discovered my Windows Live avatar (a photo) is being sent out with all my outgoing email messages. How do I disable this avatar? I thought that avatar was just for Instant Messages when I chose it about a  decade ago, not to be included with email messages.

Thank you.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Jim M,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forum. I'm sorry for the delayed response. I just like to inform you that Outlook.com as designed - will show your profile photo on your sent emails. There is no option to disable this.

If you want, you can remove the photo set up on your profile page to address this. Here are the steps:

1. Login your account at https://profile.live.com

2. On the left hand side, click Change picture

3. Click Remove

4. A notification message will pop out, hit Remove

If you questions or other concerns about your account's profile, then feel free to post back here.

Thank you!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

There is not an option that say "Chagen Picture" where is it?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for posting in this forum. let me assist you in your inquiry about removing the image on your profile account.

The option "change picture" is just below the image box. You can see it easily, and it is highlighted in blue color. If you still can't see the option, please try to use other browser and see if the issue is also the same there.

Please let us know of the result, so that we can assist you furthermore if necessary.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Randall,

I actually have the same problem. I never assigned a picture to my account, somehow it uses the picture I put on my Facebook account. I actually went into my account and there is just that standard picture of a silhouette of a man in grey no picture. I even put a picture in and it still uses the picture from my Facebook account. I have no idea how to take it down, can anyone help?

Thanks,
Rick

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Richard Newman 1 ,

I understand that someone else's picture appears in your email account, let me assist you with your concern.

Please be informed that it is possible you have 3rd party networks connected in your Outlook.com account. Kindly check if you have any connected service on your account and disable it by following the steps below:

1. Sign in to https://account.live.com
  2. Click on Permissions tab
  3. Under “Manage the other accounts you've connected” click Manage other accounts
  4. Click on Remove this connection completely
  5. Click Remove

I hope this will help you with your concern and feel free to post back.

Thank you,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Christian N,

Ok I followed those steps to the letter and after I click on "Manage other accounts" it does not give me the option "remove this connection completely." It states "you haven't added any accounts yet" and next to that it reads "see what you can add."

You haven't added any accounts yet. See what you can add.

When I click the option "see what you can add" Facebook is there to add, but it clearly states that I have not added that to my account.

This is very befuddling to me I have tried to change the picture in my account and that didn't work in fact there was no picture on the account when I went to change it. And now I have tried the permission tab and that didn't work either. Yet everyone tells me they receive all my e-mails from me with the picture I have on my Facebook account. This doesn't make any sense. Can you give me any other help?

Thanks,
Rick N

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Richard Newman 1,

Please be informed to properly assist you with your concern I’ll need some information from you in a private message I just sent you. Sign in here and click on “You have a private reply to this message“, which is highlighted in red, to view the message.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jim M,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forum. I'm sorry for the delayed response. I just like to inform you that Outlook.com as designed - will show your profile photo on your sent emails. There is no option to disable this.

If you want, you can remove the photo set up on your profile page to address this. Here are the steps:

1. Login your account at https://profile.live.com

2. On the left hand side, click Change picture

3. Click Remove

4. A notification message will pop out, hit Remove

If you questions or other concerns about your account's profile, then feel free to post back here.

Thank you!

I wanna remove my avatar and process described do not work at all .... avatar keeps re-apearing over and over again - It's like a virus. Didn't know that updating a picture is that hard to implement!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi MarcinMazurek,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. I understand that you want to remove your avatar and we apologize that the steps provided from the previous post didn't work for you. Let me assist you on this.

In order to investigate the issue that you're having, we need some information from you. Kindly provide the following information.

- Affected account.

- Is there a third party services added to your account? Like Facebook, Tweeter or LinkedID.

Note: For security purposes, please post the account information on the private message area I have provided above your post. You also need to login to this Forum to view the private message link.

We are looking forward to your response on this matter.

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Gee, wouldn't it be simpler (and improve customer satisfaction, to boot) if Microsoft would just stop foisting these cutesies upon us without recourse?  It's bad enough that someone detached from the real world dreams up these "features," but to require their use is unforgivable.  Please just give us a way to opt out of these unwanted and unhelpful "bloatations".

I found this thread via a Google search for "outlook.com get rid of avatar".  It was the very first link, and the topic of this thread addresses my query perfectly.  Unfortunately, yet again, I find that Microsoft has chosen not to honor the requirements of a significant portion of the user base.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 29, 2024 Views 1,501 Applies to: