How do I create an icon specifically for outlook mail sign in?

I would like to have an icon on my taskbar for logging into my Outlook (old Hotmail) account.  I'm using Windows 10.

I tried the supplied Mail icon (the open envelope) and I can sign in to my Hotmail account but the format is not usable.  It appears to be for use on a smartphone and has options for syncing and so on that I'm not interested in.  I want the full page Outlook mail format.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hi Susan,

Please be informed that if you are accessing your Outlook.com account through Internet Explorer you can create the shortcut of the sign in page. Which when clicked will be redirected to the sign in page on Outlook.com in the default web browser.

To create the shortcut of the login page on Outlook.com please follow the steps below:

• Go to https://www.outlook.com through Internet Explorer.
  • Once on the login page, right click on the blank space.
  • From the pop-up menu select Create shortcut.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Susan,

I can see that you have created another thread with the same issue, I request you to let us know the status of the issue in this thread only so that I can follow up and assist you with further troubleshooting.

I suggest you to right click anywhere on the page and then follow the instructions given above.

If you still face the issue please get back to us with the screenshot of the issue ( the login page with the right click) so that we can assist you further.

Please get back to us with the updated status so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This time it worked, and I now have an icon for Outlook sign in on my desktop.  But, I'm not able to drag and drop it to the taskbar.  Please advise on how to move or copy the sign in shortcut to the taskbar.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Susan,

Please be informed that, unfortunately you cannot pin the shortcut to the taskbar.( Shortcut of the web page)

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

WHY can I not pin the shortcut to the taskbar?  This has always been a very useful feature.  Was it deliberately taken away, and if so, why?  And a follow-up:  what and where is the appropriate forum for asking that that feature be restored?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2024 Views 2,364 Applies to: