How do I change the from in an email to my name?

I am the town clerk. When sending an email, it sends it as the person who originally set up this account.

|

Dear Town of Napoleon,

Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

In order to understand your query and provide possible solution, May I please double confirm if you are using Microsoft 365 business email account or other third-party email account? If you are using Microsoft 365 business email account, you may need to sign in to your organization 365 admin center using your admin account and change your display name there. Once you change your display name in Microsoft 365 admin center, the change will populate to your Microsoft 365 apps and services. To change the display name of an email for your business email account, kindly follow these steps:

1. Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center (https://admin.microsoft.com/).

2. Go to Users --> Active users.

3. Select the user whose display name you want to change.

4. In the pane on the right, under Account --> scroll down and select "Manage contact information" link.

5. In the First name and Last name boxes, enter the new display name.

6. Select Save changes. You can refer to the screenshot below:

Please note that it may take some time for the changes to be reflected in Outlook and other Microsoft products. First, you may need to check the change via Outlook on the web (https://outlook.office.com/). Once your display name changed in admin center and the change reflected via Outlook on the web, then, send one test email and check if the change populates to your Outlook for windows app.

However, if you are an end user, I sincerely recommend you contact your organization IT admin to perform the above steps to change the display name of your account.

I look forward to your update. Please feel free to let me know how it goes or if I got you wrong. If you still have any concerns, please let me know so I can provide more suggestions.

Thank you for your precious time. Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Libeamlak | Microsoft Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 16 Applies to: