How can I sync appointments on a teams channel calendar with Microsoft Outlook?

I am part of a Teams channel with other members of my team where we have a collaborative calendar. These are not all virtual meetings rather group events located in a place everyone can add to. Since teams does not have a month view option we wanted these to be visible in outlook.

These meetings used to be available on my outlook through the groups tab and I could turn this calendar on and off in order to see it alongside my personal calendar––this was great! This calendar is no longer available and has disappeared from my outlook. How am I able to sync this calendar with my outlook and/or have a shared calendar that everyone on my team can add to or edit?

Thank you!

Dear SylvanTY,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

We are looking into your situation; we will update the thread shortly. Appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your time and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator

Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello SylvanTY,

Good day! Thanks for posting in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

Based on your description I understand you want to sync teams channel calendar with Microsoft Outlook so that you can see it alongside your personal calendar.

Unfortunately, this option is not yet feasible since a channel calendar is a filtered view of the Microsoft 365 group calendar that is associated with the team. It only shows the events for a specific channel and not the entire team. You can see how Teams and Microsoft 365 groups work together at How M365 groups work with teams.

For more info on Teams channel calendars, you can refer to See all your meetings in Teams - Microsoft Support

In the meantime, please provide feedback on this feature request by creating a new post in the Feedback Portal at Microsoft Teams · Community, Microsoft is committed to enhancing the customer experience by continually examining suggestions to include in the design and development of future product upgrades based on your suggestions.

Your kind understanding is highly appreciated. Thank you for your cooperation. 

Sincerely,

Simbarashe | Microsoft Community Moderator

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 2,007 Applies to: