How can I add an Exchange Account to Outlook (new)?

I want to add an owa exchange account to the new Outlook. But I cannot find an option to do so.

|
Answer
Answer

Hello Oleg Golibroda,

Many thanks for the response and we thank you for the useful information you provided.

Am sorry for the late reply on this thread, I have been investigating and testing on my end. I found that, currently, POP and on-premises Exchange accounts aren't supported, Currently, the New Outlook only supports Microsoft 365 work and school accounts (Exchange Online), Outlook.com / Hotmail as Exchange mailbox providers and other third-party accounts connecting through IMAP. Support for On-Premises Exchange or other hosted Exchange services will be added later, see Accounts in the new Outlook for Windows - Deploy Office | Microsoft Learn, Getting started with the new Outlook for Windows - Microsoft Support. When attempting to add an account that isn't supported, an error message is displayed: We couldn’t reach the email server. Please try again. Refer to the new Outlook for Windows for organization admins - Microsoft Community Hub.

Please submit this issue as a suggestion to our Outlook in-app feedback by navigating to Help > Feedback, the Microsoft Admin Center under feedback, or a UserVoice request for the feature on our Outlook · Community (microsoft.com). Microsoft is working to add this based on consumer demand. Your feedback will go straight to Microsoft engineers, helping us improve Microsoft products and services for all consumers and this may be released soon. Microsoft appreciates your feedback.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Please do not hesitate to post your queries in Microsoft Community and we will always do our best to assist you!

Sincerely
De Paul | Microsoft Community Moderator

-----------------------Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here-----------------------

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 579 Applies to: