Hotmail/Outlook Block List S3140 blocks all new email servers.

Hi,

I am the CTO of a ISP. The ISP I work for uses it's own IP Addresses and I have no problem sending emails to and receiving emails from Hotmail and Outlook.

The problem is that I am migrating some e-mail servers to the cloud and every single one of them is being blocked by Hotmail/Outlook.

I've even built a new server from scratch on Azure, using Microsoft's own infrastructure and IPs and the e-mails are being blocked.

My last (current) try was using Oracle Cloud. I have a new e-mail server there with everything correctly configured, including reverse DNS, SPF, DKIM, DMARC, TLS, etc. The IP I am using has never been used before. And yet it is being blocked by Hotmail/Outlook. Every other e-mail service including Office365 accepts my e-mails without any problems. Only Microsoft's free e-mail services are the problem.

This is the message I always get:

Remote Server returned: '550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [168.138.253.239] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [BN3NAM01FT059.eop-nam01.prod.protection.outlook.com]'

I've tried requesting the block removal but I always receive the same default answer: Not qualified for mitigation. Our investigation has determined that the above IP(s) do not qualify for mitigation.

I even contacted Azure's specialized support (when I was testing the e-mail server on Azure) and they told me to use the default Hotmail Blacklist Removal Form - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportrequestform/8ad563e3-288e-2a61-8122-3ba03d6b8d75 - but I always get the same default answer.

So... what's going on? Why is Hotmail/Outlook blocking every new IP address? I can't migrate or create any new e-mail server because of this. Unfortuntely a lot of offices/companies use Hotmail. My costumers won't accept a service where they can't send/receive to and from Hotmail/Outlook.

Does anyone have the same problem? Can anyone from Microsoft help me?

Thanks

Rafael

** Moved from:  Outlook.com / Email / Sending, receiving, and reading email ** 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have a similar problem reported today:

Your FieldInsight email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Subject: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has bounced with the following error:smtp; 550 5.7.1

Unfortunately, messages from [69.169.232.6] weren't sent.

Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140).

You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [DB5EUR01FT018.eop-EUR01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

The ip address is Amazon Simple email service, so here we have outlook.com blocking our application mail being set by AWS SES. You have to be joking. There being no other credible alternatives I advised our customer to quit using MS mail services.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Reply In reply to deleted message

I totally agree with the post! My service provider had to legally threaten them to remove the server’s ip address from the Outlook SNDN list. Microsoft sucks!

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 43,749 Applies to: