Hotmail sign-in drop down list of accounts

My sign-in page for Hotmail is different today.

Has Microsoft changed this without notification ?

When I start typing the Hotmail account to open other accounts are not listed starting with the same first letter.

How can I reinstate the drop down list.

I have Windows 8.1.

I have a MSN shortcut on my desktop screen from which I then access Outlook sign-in.

Hi Ian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

By the change in sign in page, are you referring to the email and password fill textbox displaying in the middle of the page instead of right side on the page?

However, I understand that you are referring to auto fill feature available in your browser when you say "I start typing the Hotmail account to open other accounts are not listed starting with the same first letter.".

I would suggest you to enable autofill feature in your web browser. For Internet Explorer, follow the steps below.

Remember passwords and fill out web forms

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/fill-in-forms-remember-passwords-autocomplete#ie=ie-11    

Once you enable the feature, you will have to manually sign in to all the accounts. The next time you login to the account these addresses will be available by typing the first letter of the email address.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same problem.  Just days ago the sign in page changed to a different look, and it does not enable the drop down menu for the alternate email addresses when you start typing.  I have 6 hotmail accounts for my business and having to type the whole address every time now is frustrating.  Autofill is enabled.  Please help.  Please tell the programmers to stop changing things that don't need changing.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello deeprootsgc, fully concur with you comments , particularly the last sentence.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"

The next time you login to the account these addresses will be available by typing the first letter of the email address."

No-- this does   not  work .

MS needs to     restore    the drop down menu functionality

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

AGREE, THIS DOES NOT  RESTORE THE PREVIOUS DROP DOWN FUNCTION . IT DOES GIVE YOU A CHOICE OF ABOUT 4 ADDRESSES AND THEY ARE USUALLY NOT THE ONES YOU WANT . THIS NEW SYSTEM IS RUBBISH, AND I WILL PROBABLY LOOK ELSEWHERE, (ALONG WITH A LOT OF OTHERS I KNOW.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We apologize for the  inconvenience and the delayed response.

We regret to inform you but as of now, you will not be able to get the autocomplete list on the sign in page. I would recommend you to please post this query on the link below as a feedback. This will help the concerned know the requirements and to make further changes.

https://outlook.uservoice.com/

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Forums are usually to fob off the customers when the companies themselves should be answering the queries!!!! Why should customers be wasting their time to read all the comments in the forum and then wait for ages for another one to be helpful? The companies who ask customers to go the the forums should pay the customers for allowing to use their "intellectual property" which helps the companies to boost its profits.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 20, 2022 Views 781 Applies to: