Hotmail only displays first page of emails

Hi,

For the the last 3 days I can not access emails after the first page.

The count of emails in the left hand pane says that emails exist but only the first page of emails can be displayed.

The vertical scroll bar can only display within the first page.

The last displayed email is at the bottom of the browser page so there are not any page number links to click for access to later pages of emails.

The filter has always been set to 'All'.

I set filter to 'Unread' and back to 'All' hoping that might some some effect - but it didn't.

I can delete some emails from the first page and more emails appear at the end so my emails still exist but just can't be accessed.

Help please!

After I posted the above I wondered what would happen if I used a different browser so I tried IE8 which I don't use anymore but is still installed.

IE8 displayed emails with scroll bar able to scroll all emails and page number links.

Logged off then logged into Firefox which I upgraded to 47.0.1 just over a month ago and have had no problems using with Hotmail.

Surprisingly I could then access all my emails.

Logged off and logged in again to Firefox - now can only access emails on the first page!

Multiple logins to Firefox could still only access first page emails.

Login with IE8 once again to see all emails.

Firefox could then access all emails for the first login only!!

I've had no problems using Firefox with Hotmail for several years until now and no problems using Hotmail with 47.0.1 until now.

Has Microsoft changed Hotmail in the last 3 or 4 days so that something (cookie?) prevents Firefox from accessing all emails?

What does IE8 do (perhaps sets cookie?) that allows Firefox to access all emails just for first login?

Hi,

We suggest that you reset your Internet Explorer settings back to default. You can follow the steps on this link. Please make sure to restart your PC to apply the changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I reset IE8 to default settings.

As before IE8 correctly allows me to access all emails.

Firefox still only displays one page.

I have also tried moving emails to new Hotmail folders.

That process also has problems - sometimes the Move works other times it doesn't.

The displayed count on each of the Hotmail folders is also incorrect.

I have not updated the version of Firefox for over a month and the problem only started about 3 days before I posted this topic here.

Perhaps Hotmail introduced some changes which are incompatible with Firefox.

Hotmail staff should be able to determine if Hotmail was updated around that time.

I will purchase a computer that can support Windows 10 to see if upgrading hardware/software resolves the problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

It seems that the account is fine when using Internet Explorer. To isolate your concern, we'll need some information: 

• Have you tried to clear cache, cookies and history in Firefox?
  • Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Firefox? if you haven't yet, kindly do so.

We're looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 15, 2023 Views 914 Applies to: