Hotmail Migration

I have Hotmail for many years. 

I want to upgrade  from Hotmail to outlook.com

1. I want to upgrade my Hotmail. which I think , I am already migrate to it just still using my Hotmail address.

2. I want to change Name@hotmail to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. If I do that will I still have access to my old email in outlook. or will I lose all my email and contacts. Help

Hello i'm Timon and i'm glad to help you.

Indeed, Hotmail.com and Outlook.com use the same infrastructure so you have already "migrate" to it.

The best way to change your address to an Outlook.com one is probably to add an alias to your existing account, and to make this new alias the primary one.
This done, you won't lose nothing.

Follow this article for full information:
https://support.office.com//article/459b1989-35...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you very much for your quick response. I understand about making a new alias but the link below you told me go into. I have another question on it. 
It said and I Quote   Existing Hotmail, Live, Outlook.com, and MSN addresses can't be added as aliases, and you can't add an alias that is already associated with another Microsoft account.
Does that mean I cannot use me *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and make it *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.
Or do my alias need to be a different name 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your alias can be anything, but it should not already be used for another account.

For example, you have *** Email address is removed for privacy *** you can create the alias *** Email address is removed for privacy *** only if it's not already associated with another account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 314 Applies to: