HOTMAIL emails issue

recently my email which was 'hotmail.com' has been shifted to 'outlook.com' without me doing any changes  to my account. i am not receiving any emails associated with my hotmail account since days and that is causing me problems.  i have gone through the "rules" and 'sync account'. nothing has helped.

Hello, 

Can you tell us more about your concern? To get started, I'd like to ask what do you mean when you said your hotmail.com shifted to outlook.com? Does your email address change? Also, do you have connected account on your Outlook.com?

Noted that you didn't make any changes, I'd like to ask if you remember adding an alias in Outlook.com? Adding an alias will let you use a new email address with your existing account that used the same inbox, contact list, and account settings. Check this for more information. Also, are you able to log in your Hotmail account without encounter any error messages?

In the meantime, I’d recommend checking the Microsoft Office Online Services status here to double check if it’s a result of a possible server issue with the Outlook.com website. Also, you may check this article for other possible troubleshooting steps.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

hello,

i was using my hotmail email address when all off a sudden it stopped working, when i try to login it states that this account does not exist. however, when i use @outlook instead of hotmail the email opens with the same pw associated with previous account, when i never created outlook account. 

i am not receiving emails associated with my old account.

i tried adding alias after i lost my hotmail account. i tries to add my hotmail account as an alias and it shows no record of the previous account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There are two ways to change your Hotmail.com email to Outlook.com. First is by adding an Outlook.com alias to your account, and the second is by renaming your account to an Outlook.com account, then your old account will now become an alias. Changing the name should not affect your emails. You are still able to receive and send emails (with some limitations).

For immediate assistance regarding your concern, I would suggest sending your concern to our Internal Support. We have a dedicated team that you can get in touch with your easily through email. To contact them, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to Outlook.com using a PC or Mac. 
2. At the top of the page, select the question mark icon. 

3. Enter your question or issue in the Help box, and then select Get help.

4. Follow the prompts to submit your ticket to an Outlook.com support agent. They will contact you via email.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back to Microsoft Community.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hotmail was renamed to Outlook.com back in 2012 - seven years ago. There was no "recent" change from hotmail.com to Outlook.com. The exact same @hotmail.com address you used yesterday, a week ago, a month ago, or five years ago still works today. No one changed the address so that it ends in @outlook.com and it can't happen without you explicitly making the change. In fact, xyz@hotmail.com is a completely different address than xyz@outlook.com and uses a completely different mailbox. So, if you used to log in with an address ending in @hotmail.com and are not logging in with an address ending in @outlook.com, you're not using the same account any more and of course you won't see the same mail.
Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 1, 2021 Views 1,005 Applies to: