Hotmail emails have disappeared from my inbox

Hello

i signed into my old hotmail account after a long gap and realised that all my old emails have disappeared!! I had a lot of information saved on these emails and is there a reason why they have disappeared and can I retrieve them?? 

Ambinyc

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue please answer the questions below:

• How do you access Outlook.com? Is it through a web browser, mail app or email client?
  • When you login to your account through a web browser, do you see Outlook Email at the top?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article below and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/outlook/recover-deleted-messages

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with the above information so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The 'recover' isn't recovering anything for me.  All my mail was there yesterday.  Last night or this morning, recent items (in the Inbox, the other folders are fine) from today all the way back to 2011 are missing.  Please help!  I don't mind the changes, but a little warning would have been nice (OK, I might have missed it if one was sent), but the missing emails - that is not good.

Thank you,

H K

PS:  Windows 10 and Android.  No settings changed on either in the last several months.

PPS:  Played with the page, sorting it a few times in different ways, looking in different folders, etc.  Not sure what helped or if it was coincidence, but the emails seem to be back.  The 'recovered' items also are in the Inbox - sort of.  There is no data, no emails that were actually recovered, just place-holders.   That said, they are not showing up on my Android device still - and I really need them there.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When was the last time you logged in? If you haven't logged in for a year, the account is considered abandoned and the contents of the mailbox gets permanently deleted.
Brian

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

When was the last time you logged in? If you haven't logged in for a year, the account is considered abandoned and the contents of the mailbox gets permanently deleted.

I'm pretty much always logged in - my phone is always on and I'm on the home PC almost daily, so that wasn't it.

I deleted the account from my phone and re-added it.  Didn't help.  Still won't download the missing emails.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

To assist you further on the issue please do let us know if your account is migrated to the new interface (Outlook Email). To check the same, please login to your account through a web browser and check if you see Outlook Email at the top.

Meanwhile, Please be informed that if your account is migrated to new interface it might take 24-48 hrs. for all the emails to get reflected.

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

To assist you further on the issue please do let us know if your account is migrated to the new interface (Outlook Email). To check the same, please login to your account through a web browser and check if you see Outlook Email at the top.

Meanwhile, Please be informed that if your account is migrated to new interface it might take 24-48 hrs. for all the emails to get reflected.

Thank you.

Yes, it is migrated.  I think Sometime Saturday.  So possibly Monday it should be clear?  I will certainly let you know Monday evening (US west coast time).  Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm pretty much always logged in

I was asking the person who owns this thread, not you.

Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you.

Good news - it's all there in my account (online) as expected.

Bad news - still cannot get the missing emails on my cell phone.  However, I consider this an issue with my device, not Hotmail/Outlook.com.

Thank you for the help!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

To further investigate on the issue please answer the questions below:

• What is the current operating installed on your cell phone?
  • How do you access Outlook.com on your cell phone? Is it through a native mail app or Outlook.com app?

Please get back to us with the above information so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

To further investigate on the issue please answer the questions below:

• What is the current operating installed on your cell phone?
  • How do you access Outlook.com on your cell phone? Is it through a native mail app or Outlook.com app?

Please get back to us with the above information so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Good morning.

I'm using an  LG V10 with Android OS ver 6.0.  My mail app is the default (GMail) app.  Outlook mobile is OK, but not to my needs (neither does Google's new Inbox app).

Thank you

H

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 31, 2023 Views 7,389 Applies to: