Hotmail account: not able to open any new email

Why can't I receive emails from my hotmail account any more?  Or I am not able to open any new email sent to my hotmail account

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2018 Views 78 Applies to:
The first step in any troubleshooting is to clear the browser cache/cookies.

*For Internet Explorer browser: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Delete
*For Google Chrome: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Browsing Data
*For Firefox: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Now
(other browsers are similar)

For the best experience, you should update your browser to the latest version and make sure the newest version of Microsoft Silverlight is installed and running for browsers that support it.
Outlook.com is optimized for the following browsers: Windows Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10; Google Chrome 17 and higher; Firefox 10 and higher; and Safari 5.2 on Mac.
Outlook.com is good on the following browsers, but some features might not display properly: Internet Explorer 7, Google Chrome 16 and 5, Firefox 9 and 5, and Safari 5.1 on Windows or Safari 5 on Windows and Mac.
Outlook.com isn't supported on the following browsers: Internet Explorer 6 and older, Google Chrome 4 and older, Firefox 4 and older, Safari 4.x and older.......

Wanikiya & Dyami -Team-ZigZag.

Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Mcube8,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum.

It's a pleasure to help you with your issue of receiving emails to your Outlook.com account. There are some factors that may affect you not to receive emails to your Inbox. Here are the following reasons:

1. Junk Mail filters (Check junk mail filters and ensure that it is not set to exclusive which sends all mails from non-contacts to junk).
  2. Custom filters (Custom filters could be filtering messages to some folder or deleting them).
  3. The domain has been blocked (Hotmail has blocked the 3rd party sender) Please refer to this link.
  4. Mail forwarding enabled (You have enabled mail forwarding and mails are forwarded to a different email address that you have set in your account.)

For more information please refer to this article:

“I'm not receiving emails sent by my family or friends”

With regards to your concern of not being able to open your emails, it is possible that your browser is causing this so I suggest that you optimize your browser to make sure that it is not contributing to this issue. After optimizing, close the entire browser, sign out to your account then sign back in. Please also try to access your emails using different browser and computer if issue still persists.

Let us know the results.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.