Hotmail account disabled - how to retrieve it or cancel new account request

I created an outlook thinking it was a new account in addition to my hotmail - but now it says my hotmail account is diosabled.  I clicked 'cancel' in the confirmation email where it said "If you didn't make this request, click here to cancel." but this just took me to a sign in page.  How do I get my hotmail back to how it was?

Hi,

Please provide us the detailed steps that you did in creating an Outlook.com account prior in encountering the problem.

I would also like to ask for the email address affected by this issue for investigation. You can post it on the private message that I've provided. Please make sure that you're signed in to this forum to view the link.

Thanks!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Jacquilyn

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'll try to provide details but it was a little while ago. 

I wanted to set up an email address for a new project.  I will send a private reply with email addresses in question.

I signed up on outlook.com for the new address and there was an option saying did I want to link the new address to an existing MSN live/hotmail account. I entered my other hotmail account which I have been using as my private email account since the late 90's.

I got the message that this would mean I would no longer be able to sign in with my old email and had an option on this email to cancel.  I clicked this and it asked me to sign in.  I could not sign in with my old email, only with the new.

I use MSN messenger constantly at work to work with colleagues in Asia and they told me at this point that they could not see me on their messenger contact lists.  We did in the end get this working (I think I had to re-request contact with them).

I am getting a bit used to the situation now but it is a mess around to change email 'Sent from' account to the old one each time and then having to explain to everyone that I have sort of changed email account and sort of not. 

Hope that is enough for you to go on, please let me know if you need more info.

Chris

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Alright, since you have renamed your account to Outlook. Please be informed that renaming your account causes your sign in name to change from your existing @hotmail.com address to your new @outlook.com address. Your existing address becomes an alias of your new account so that mail delivery is uninterrupted.  After renaming your account you will sign in with your new account to all services you previously accessed with your old account.

If you want to rename back your account to your old username you may refer to this link.

I renamed my account to @Outlook.com...can I change it back?

Thanks!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 13, 2023 Views 3,051 Applies to: