Help, I keep sending meeting reminders unintentionally

Every time I open a meeting invite, it sends an email as though there were an update to all attendees. I am not changing or asking to resend the meeting invitation. I simply open to either see my notes or check who has RSVP'd and it shoot out emails to everyone. This is very annoying for all on the meeting invites. What do I do to stop this.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi ShannaGraves,

To look into the issue, I’d like to collect the following information first:
1. Are you encountering the issue in the Outlook client, Outlook Web App, or both of them? Please help confirm the situation in both scenarios.
2. When did you notice this behavior? Did it come out suddenly?
3. The exact symptom. For instance, could you reproduce the issue in every meeting appointment? Are all the affected meeting events created by you? Etc.
4. Do any other users in your organization meet the same issue?
5. I’ve created a workspace to collect the .msg file of one of the example invitations for further analysis. Please help contact one of the recipients and ask him to save the received invitation email using the Outlook client. (Just navigate to File> Save as> Select a location and Save as type: Outlook Message Format – Unicode) The way to access the workspace is contained in the private message below.
https://community.office365.com/user/conversations

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Sam

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am entering events on my computer using a client version. I do not set up events in the web version. This has been happening on and off since October. I keep changing controls on my phone thinking I have fixed it and then it happens again. I only send out unintentionally email reminders when I open the event on my phone. I am creating all the affected meetings but I am not sure if it is every meeting. I did a test today and it send reminders each time. I will save an email reminder using the process above.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Shanna,

Thanks for the update. From the description, I understand that issue only happen when you open event on the phone. Therefore, I would like to confirm the following information to better understand the problem:

• Which mail app are you using? Is it Outlook for iOS/Android or Built-in mail app? Please provide us with the detailed information about this.
• How did you set up the Office 365 account on Phone device, via Exchange/Pop or IMAP?
• Does this issue also happen when you open a meeting invite via using Outlook desktop client or Outlook Web App?
• When you say “I keep changing controls on my phone”, do you mean that you have removing and then re adding the account on the phone? If not, please try re adding the account to check this issue.
• Could you please try to troubleshoot this issue via using different Phone to see whether the problem still occur?
• Please also provide us with a screenshots about the detailed steps which you tried to open a meeting invite on the phone via the workspace for further analysis.

Best regards,
Shyamal

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Shanna,

I'm writing to follow up on this thread. Could you please provide us with the information above at your convenience?

Best regards,
Shyamal

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would love to hear if there is a solution for this. Recently this has been happening all of the time. I am the organizer of a meeting that I created in Outlook (Office 2016) on my desktop. I get meeting forward notifications from attendees nearly everyday and they claim they did not intentionally forward the meeting. From what I have gathered so far, the people unknowingly forwarding the meetings have been opening or viewing the meeting on their iPhone. Apparently iPhone has a feature that notifies you when you aren't at the location of the meeting and tells you it will take you x minutes to get to that location. We think what might be happening is that the iPhone user dismisses that message from their iPhone and that might send out the forward to all meeting attendees. This seems to be the pattern but we haven't actually confirmed it.

Help is greatly appreciated!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am not sure what was going on but I finally downloaded the Outlook app on my iphone that had both email and a calendar and used that rather than the mail and calendar app that comes on the iPhone. That seemed to solve the problem. It didn't seem to matter where I set up the meeting - phone or computer - but when I opened on my calendar app it shot new invitations out every time. Once I only used the Outlook app on my phone, it stopped happening.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks. Good to know. I don't think I will be able to get all of my coworkers to use the Outlook app.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am seeing the same thing and everytime I bring this up, people look at me and can’t seem to comprehend what I am describing.  This is very frustrating and makes people seem unprofessional as if I’m doing so intentionally.

For me, this is happending via my iPhone calendar.

Seems to be a ton of people using the iPhone and Exchange Calendar... that are experiencing this problem but can’t pinpoint the cause or resolution...

have been hosting a lot of events. The steps have been, I create the Outlook Calendar on my laptop and it’s synced to my iPhone. For example, I was hosting our recent Austin Luncheon which has 53 Invitees... The lunch is in an hour, so I clicked to open my iPhone calendar to see the address location, and next thing you know, every invitees (accepted or not) received another calendar invite.  Unaware of that just happened, I was driving and I click again to see the event info once more on my iPhone. It again sends another email (calendar invitation) to everyone. I didn’t realize this until several people started replying to me.

This is very irritating and makes me look unprofessional.

Sounds like other people are talking about it online but it seems no one has a real answer... 

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am seeing the same thing and everytime I bring this up, people look at me and can’t seem to comprehend what I am describing.  This is very frustrating and makes people seem unprofessional as if I’m doing so intentionally.

For me, this is happending via my iPhone calendar.

Seems to be a ton of people using the iPhone and Exchange Calendar... that are experiencing this problem but can’t pinpoint the cause or resolution...

have been hosting a lot of events. The steps have been, I create the Outlook Calendar on my laptop and it’s synced to my iPhone. For example, I was hosting our recent Austin Luncheon which has 53 Invitees... The lunch is in an hour, so I clicked to open my iPhone calendar to see the address location, and next thing you know, every invitees (accepted or not) received another calendar invite.  Unaware of that just happened, I was driving and I click again to see the event info once more on my iPhone. It again sends another email (calendar invitation) to everyone. I didn’t realize this until several people started replying to me.

This is very irritating and makes me look unprofessional.

Sounds like other people are talking about it online but it seems no one has a real answer... 

That is exactly what happens to me, same scenario. It's very frustrating and makes me look unprofessional. Has anyone been able to fix the problem?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here, any update on this topic?

When I check on my iPhone the details of a meeting it re-sends the invite to all attendees.. pretty annoying.

I don't know if it's also happening with meeting requests created on my iPhone but it certainly does with meetings send out from outlook on my laptop.

Even after buying a new iPhone it still is the same.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2024 Views 10,986 Applies to: