Gmail not working on laptop outlook app after password change

After changing my google password, I can no longer send/receive gmail emails on my laptop via my outlook app. When I sync, it states that my gmail account is not available. I can still send/receive on my phone & laptop browser with no issue.  Help please!
Greetings,

My name is Rhaine, I'm Independent Community Volunteer. I’m so glad assisting you today
I am also using Outlook. Let us work together to sort this out.

SInce you change your password you need to change the password as well in the Outlook app to sync it.
Click File at the upper left side of your screen in Outlook and go to Account settings
locate the password and change it.

If issue persist you need to create a new profile, here's the link as reference.

https://www.bemidjistate.edu/offices/its/knowle...

Disclaimer:: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Once you create a new profile you need to resetup your Gmail account.

Here's the link as reference:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/add-...

I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes, if you need further questions let me know.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Warm Regards,
Rhaine C.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Rhaine -Thank very much for help but I do not have file in the upper left corner of my mail screen. I am still using Windows 8.1 and the mail is version 17.5.9600.22013. I do have settings that I can pull up on the right but no option has file or password.  

Any other advice?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 27, 2020 Views 121 Applies to: