Getting "waiting for login.live.com"

I can not log in into my hotmail account from my PC. I get the message "waiting for login.live.com" until it times out.  I already changed the password in the outlook site but problem persists. The problem only happens in my home PC and laptop.  My hotmail account works fine in my BB and IPAD.  I think is a problem only with my account because my wife's hotmail account works fine in the same PC and laptop.  I have windows 7 and internet explorer 11.   The problem also happens using google Chrome.  Please help. Thanks.   

Hi Francisco,

You have come to the right place. We’ll gladly help resolve the issue of not being able to sign in to your account.

I recommend that you check the status of your service at https://status.live.com. We also suggest that you go to https://status.live.com/history, there, we will find reports available for problems that impacted a large number of customers in the past 60 days.

It is possible that you are experiencing this issue because of your browser. It would be best if you optimize your browser to make sure that it isn’t contributing to this issue. This will also serve as an initial troubleshooting step to improve browser performance. After optimizing, re-launch your browser and check if you encounter the same problem.

Kindly read the article below to learn more about what you can do if you are experiencing sign in issues and confirm if you're done with all the troubleshooting steps provided on the said article. This would help us facilitate our next actions.

I cannot sign into my Outlook.com account. What can I do to solve this issue?

I really hope that the matter will soon be resolved for you to be able to sign in to your account again without any problem. Should you have other questions, clarifications or any other concerns, please update this thread and we will be happy to further assist you.

Regards.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks for the reply .  None of the above and nothing solved the issue.  So I gave up.  The problem continued for 5 days and went away.  It is quite disapointing not to know what really happened.  

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can anyone from Microsoft help , I keeping getting either ' waiting for Login.live.com' or 'waiting for Outlook.com' every time I try to access my Hotmail account on my PC  . I do not get this problem on a different computer and no other websites are affected.   I have a windows 8 PC running Internet Explorer 11 . I have disabled the firewall and that has made no difference . I disabled my malware software and again that made no difference.

Can anyone assist ? 

Regards

J

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 2,546 Applies to: