Font color changes after sending an email

Hi

I have a problem with Outlook. Whenever I write and send an email to someone, I notice that the font changes in the body of the message.

For example, the first few lines of the message render correctly, but the rest of the message renders with a different grey font. I suspect that the signature is causing the problem.

The problem does not occur while composing the message, but only after sending it and reading it in the Sent folder.

The receipient receives a message where the first few lines are in black, and the rest of the message is grey.

I have tried this with the latest versions of both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. The problem occurs in both browsers.

I suspect that the signature is causing the problem, because I noticed that it often occurs whenever I move the cursor over my text signature.

Any suggestions?
Does this happen to all emails?
Does the same thing happen when you use a different computer?

BTW Did you did try this way?
Go to Outlook.com
Mail
"Wheel" top right hand corner
More Mail Settings.
Writing email
Formatting font & signature.
Choose which font, colour etc  you'd like to start off with when you write a new message.
Save.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It happens with almost all emails.
It also happens regardless of what computer or system I use. It happens on both Windows 8 and Mac OS X.

The problem is obviously in Outlook.com itself.

And yes. I do have my own signature and formatting settings. My message body font and signature font are both the same (Black Calibri 12), although I should mention that the signature appears a bit greyish when it's supposed to be black while composing the message.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi mediantiba,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forum!

You mentioned that the font color in an email that you're composing changes after it has been sent and you believe that your signature is causing the issue. This issue also occurs on different browsers and computers. For us to verify if your email signature is really causing the font color in your emails to change when it's sent, please send a test email to your account when your email signature is enable and when it's disabled then compare the results in addition to what JMH3143. MS - MVP. has suggested.

Let us know how things turn out.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi mediantiba,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forum!

You mentioned that the font color in an email that you're composing changes after it has been sent and you believe that your signature is causing the issue. This issue also occurs on different browsers and computers. For us to verify if your email signature is really causing the font color in your emails to change when it's sent, please send a test email to your account when your email signature is enable and when it's disabled then compare the results in addition to what JMH3143. MS - MVP. has suggested.

Let us know how things turn out.

Thank you.

Hi Karla

Thank you for your reply. I did what you suggested, and it turned out that the signature is causing the issue. Here are the screenshots:

Test #1 (signature included):
Test #2 (signature excluded):
Notice how the font changed on the last line of the message before the signature in the first message. The second message looks fine, but obviously there's no signature.

I hope this helped to clarify the issue.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi mediantiba,

I apologize that it took us more time than usual to reply and thank you for the screenshots you have provided.

We would still need you to provide us your affected email address, full message source of the sent email in the private message area I created. Here's how to get the full message source:

1. Right click on the unopened message (near the subject part within the message list.)
2. Choose View message source.
3. You will be seeing a new window or tab containing the headers of that message and its content.

Also, please send us a test email to our test account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** for additional information for investigation purposes.

Note: To view the secure private section, you'll need to be signed in and click on the notification (which can be found at the top of the thread) that states "You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private message section.” or by clicking the "Private Messages" tab.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Judith

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Judith

Thank you for your reply.

I've done everything you've asked for. I hope your team will be able to understand the issue.

Good luck!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have sent you a private message.

Please check the private message area.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have sent you a private message.

Please check the private message area.

Thank you.

Was this issue ever solved. I have a user having the same problem. Most of her emails go out with the font and color that she chose for her signature and body of the email. A few go out with the font changed and no color.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this issue ever solved?  Why do you reply in private messages?  Many people are having this issue, and need to know how to fix it immediately.   This is clearly an Outlook issue related to the signature block.  What we end up with is extremely unprofessional.  I will have to dump this email if MS can't fix the problem, permanently.  Is it fixed, yet?  Please tell me how to correct this in 1, 2, 3 easy steps.  This email program is seriously jacking with my career, and I do not appreciate it.  MS is supposed to be leading edge top of the line, so what's the issue with Outlook?  Please help.  Thank you!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 8,128 Applies to: