Error while setup email account @outlook.com in Android build Email app

Hello,

I want to set IMAP for my @outlook.com email account in Android build Email app.

Thank you,

Jimmy Trivedi

Moved fromOutlook.com / Email / Adding email accounts

Hello Jimmy,

This could be caused by several different reasons. Internet connection issues could be one of the reasons why you're having problem with setting up Outlook.com to your Android device. To add your Outlook.com account to another mail app, kindly refer to this link.

You may also check this support article: Set up email in Android email app.

Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Jimmy,

This could be caused by several different reasons. Internet connection issues could be one of the reasons why you're having problem with setting up Outlook.com to your Android device. To add your Outlook.com account to another mail app, kindly refer to this link.

You may also check this support article: Set up email in Android email app.

Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Dear Anne,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Let me tell you something. I already tried all links which you sent. I chat with 3 to 4 live agent also. No progress! I also sent some emails also, no reply! I also chat via DM in Twitter @MicrosoftHelps ! They give me all solution, and i tried, not worked any of one. They only suggested to post here question. Even I tried all server setting and it's fermentation combination like changes port number from 993 to 443, SSL, TLS, with or without certificate, imap-mail.outlook.com , eas.outlook.com , outlook.com , tried different internet connection, tried app generate password, checked recent activity which is showing successful sync, successful sign in, different browser, turn on & off two step verification, everything Ii tried. No solution!

By the way, My password and username both are right, because I'm using in my browser everyday. One more thing, there is no problem with Android build email app, because previously I used my company email ID and it worked perfectly fine. and POP & IMAP both are enabled. And I can't update, uninstall, or disable Android email app.

Error showing from IMAP server side only. please don't suggest me to use Outlook for Android app, because that app I'm already using it. but i want to use in Android Email app also. 

Thanks in advance for understanding.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for getting back to us  with the information Jimmy. Since you're able to set up Outlook.com using the Outlook app with no issues, it is possible that there could be an issue with the synchronization of your account with the Android mail app.

Here's what we can do to resolve this:

Login your account to Outlook.com

Can you check if you are able to login via https://outlook.live.com/owa/ using the account that you want to setup on your phone?

Turn two-step verification on or off

We recommend turning off the two-step verification before you try setting up your account again to your Android mail app. You may refer to this link, for the steps.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for getting back to us  with the information Jimmy. Since you're able to set up Outlook.com using the Outlook app with no issues, it is possible that there could be an issue with the synchronization of your account with the Android mail app.

Here's what we can do to resolve this:

Login your account to Outlook.com

Can you check if you are able to login via https://outlook.live.com/owa/ using the account that you want to setup on your phone?

Turn two-step verification on or off

We recommend turning off the two-step verification before you try setting up your account again to your Android mail app. You may refer to this link, for the steps.

Let us know how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Dear Anne,

Thank you for giving me a solution that I already tried!

Yes, I'm able to login via https://outlook.live.com/owa/  and daily I'm login in, there is no issue with username, password or Two step verification.

While I chatting with @MicrosoftHelps, that time as per Microsoft instruction I removed my account, turn off two step verification, and re added account, but no solution.

please tell me if you have different solution, because Live agent & @MicrosoftHelps doesn't have any solution for this problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What's your device make and model? Did you try checking Settings > Accounts & Sync > add new account >select Outlook >Exchange. If it gives you advanced option rather than the default option like manual setup of your server addrss and domain etc.

Try deactivatng autosync at first. I hope this helps.

"Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today."

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What's your device make and model? Did you try checking Settings > Accounts & Sync > add new account >select Outlook >Exchange. If it gives you advanced option rather than the default option like manual setup of your server addrss and domain etc.

Try deactivatng autosync at first. I hope this helps.

Dear CourageDod,

I think you not understand or read my question and comments properly. I already mention that I'm using Samasung Galaxy J7.

And I also went through setting>account>Email>create new>Manual setup>IMAP>server details>error!

There is no option (account >select Outlook >Exchange )

All I tried with Manual setup only. And how can I stop autosync without setting up?

Thanks for your reply!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmm~ have you already tried making an app password? (Im sorry if you already did, but try creating a new one) -> https://www.lifewire.com/app-specific-passwords-outlook-1170665

I had problems as well with MacBook Apple Mail unable to verify hotmail account and password. It was fixed by logging in to outlook or hotmail on the internet. Then go to settings menu in Outlook and click connected accounts. Then find the POP and IMAP menu. In the POP Options make sure the YES button is on for the Let Devices and Apps use POP. Also YES button for Let Apps and Devices delete messages from Outlook. It worked for me, after a few weeks of wondering and researching and mail connection doctor in Apple.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmmm~ have you already tried making an app password? (Im sorry if you already did, but try creating a new one) -> https://www.lifewire.com/app-specific-passwords-outlook-1170665

I had problems as well with MacBook Apple Mail unable to verify hotmail account and password. It was fixed by logging in to outlook or hotmail on the internet. Then go to settings menu in Outlook and click connected accounts. Then find the POP and IMAP menu. In the POP Options make sure the YES button is on for the Let Devices and Apps use POP. Also YES button for Let Apps and Devices delete messages from Outlook. It worked for me, after a few weeks of wondering and researching and mail connection doctor in Apple.

Hi,

That all option I tried, even i remove all existing password, and created new one! mot worked. also POP is already allowed and both deleted option is also checked. no solution.

By the way, I found one option in setting that is Microsoft exchange Active Sync, and this option open in Android build Email app, after giving username and password, I clicked on manual setup, now there is only one another option (except username & password) called exchange server and by default it written m.hotmail.com

Can you suggest any other server? I tried eas.outlook.com ; outlook.com ; m.outlook.com

Not worked!

Thank you

Jimmy Trivedi 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 1,587 Applies to: