Display To Do tasks in Outlook's calendar view

Hello everyone,

On daily basis, I use Microsoft To Do to schedule personal tasks for myself. I also use Outlook for mail and scheduling events/appointments. On my Samsung S10, after I integrated my MS account with it's internal calendar, I can see both To Do tasks and Outlook calendar events in calendar view. This is great, because I have a single view of what needs to be done in a particular day - don't need to switch between calendar for "doctor appointment at 10", and to do list for "buy a new printer".

Now what I'm basically looking for, is to have the same view on my computer. As far as I'm concerned. both Windows Calendar and Outlook apps have integration with Microsoft To Do, but they only offer viewing these tasks in a separate view, so you need to constantly switch between these two.

Honestly what I end up doing most of the time, is that even though I sit in front of my laptop and 2 big monitors, I go and pick up my phone with 6" display, and check my calendar there, because to me it's still more convenient to view everything in a single place, rather than looking at 2 separate lists on my computer. This doesn't seem right, therefore I'd really appreciate if someone would know how to achieve similar effect in MS Calendar / Outlook.

Best Regards,

Pawel

Answer
Answer
Hello! My name is Joe, and I am an Independent Advisor, as well as a longtime Microsoft user. I hope that I will be able to assist you today!

You can accomplish something like this by following these directions:

Click View > Layout > Daily Task List > Normal

This will show any tasks with due dates just below the respective day in the calendar, including any overdue tasks.

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for, or if you'd like me to explore other alternatives.

Warm Regards,
Joe

72 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 29,562 Applies to: