Deleting email from server either after x days or when deleted from Deleted Items

With previous versions of Outlook, after checking the "Leave copy of messages on server" checkbox, I could check both the "Remove from server after x days" checkbox and the "Remove from server when deleted from Deleted Items" so that it was possible to leave only relevant/significant messages on the server but immediately remove useless messages from the server by deleting them.  With Outlook 2016, it seems that the two options are mutually exclusive.  Is this normal?  Can it be changed in any way?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions that you may have.
Answer
Answer
>>
Thank you for your answer, but your screenshot does not show the check boxes I am talking about.
<<

First, my apologies, I included the wrong screenshot when I post my previous response. It should have included the one below.

However, looking at your screenshot, that's coming from the new "simplified" settings options which does in fact makes it an <either> <or> scenario - something I'm going to check with/pass along to the Outlook team.

Suggestion is to get to those settings by clicking CTRL+ALT+S --> select the <Group> you want to edit (most people only have one) --> select the POP account you want to edit --> click on <Account Properties>
Karl

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 12, 2024 Views 1,086 Applies to: