Default email address - can it differ from Microsoft login email?

I am getting a new PC, can I currently have my telco provider email address as the default for sending and receiving mail and not my mictosoft login email address. When setting up the new PC will I still be able to have my telco email as a default?
Hello Firefly#

The MS Account (email address) you use to sign in to a PC has nothing to do with email addresses you use to send/receive email - these are two completely separate and distinct things.

You posted in the Outlook on the web forum but not quite clear about what email addresses you're referring to or whether in fact, you're asking about configuring email accounts in the Outlook desktop program (part of the Office suite).

Some background info on MS Accounts & Outlook.com accounts

- each MS Account has an Outlook.com account associated with it. This email does not have to used for email
- the MS Account and Outlook.com account login credentials are the same
- when you login into your PC (and not using a local account) - you need to use an email address associated with it
- any Microsoft purchase be it a product, service or subscription requires a MS Account

- when an Outlook.com email address is used to purchase something, it becomes a MS Account which is the only difference between the two.

To re-emphasize something. Take a case where someone uses their Gmail address to create an MS Account, the Gmail and MS Account are two entirely separate things and each should have their own password. In other words - anything sent to the Gmail address will still be sent to the Gmail email servers - not the Outlook.com email servers.

If you have any questions regarding the above, please feel free to ask
Karl

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you, I think you have clarified my question well. Appreciated

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your welcome.
Karl

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 19, 2024 Views 235 Applies to: