Create Calendar Event from Email via OWA?

One of the things I regularly do in my Outlook client is to create calendar entries from email.  This is used to create reminders for me to do things in a future date. I then can forget about the task and let Exchange handle the reminder at a future date.

My organization recently is switching to O365. We bought 70,000 licenses and are phasing the users in. I am in one of the test groups and have been using hosted Exchange for a few months now.

So, here's my question. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use the Outlook Web App to create a calendar event for me from an email. I've searched and am not being successful. I know how to do this in Gmail and in the Outlook 2010/2013 clients but am moving more towards using OWA.  I've begun using my Surface Pro 3 as my main laptop and am not running the full 2013 client.

For example, in the screenshot below. I want to create a calendar event to remind me in four days to follow up and see if a task I've assigned to one of my subordinate supervisors has been completed.

Any ideas?

Hello Kai,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

For better suggestions related to Outlook Web Access (OWA), you may post your question in the forum below.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclients/threads

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

HI Kai,

I have exactly the same need. Did you get the help?

---

The OWA is lacking so many features comparing Outlook desktop, so this absolutely ridiculous- comparing with Gmail the OWA is a joke, MS approach to the cloud is very poor, he still sticked with PC/desktop philosophy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, there apparently is no solution. Sad thing is that even Windows Mobile does not have this feature.

Since I no longer can stand Android (they've gone down since Ice Cream Sandwich) and cannot use Windows Mobile anymore (my 950xl won't connect to our hosted Office365 email) I bought an Iphone 6S+ for work.

I am able to schedule from email on that so will have to be either on the Iphone or my desktop.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the reply !

So Android and MS are out of yours choices now ? And switched to Apple.

MS is out for me also (unfortunately I must use office 365 as corporate standard), but I'm still 

count on Google and Android.

Changing completely to Apple (proprietary, closed, expensive) ecosystem does not seems the right decision for me from long term perspective

I'm still thinking as  Samsung, saying to Apple users [I'm paraferase]  - grow up to Android ;-)

BR/Heiki

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure what you mean. I actually started mobile with Blackberry and Android (Éclair) before going to Windows Phone/Mobile about four years ago. I still have a Galaxy S6 but much prefer the Outlook in the IOS version.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 8, 2023 Views 1,079 Applies to: