Create a contact group or distribution list in Outlook Mobile app

To maintain security I need to BCC my contact groups on desktop it is easy. Where are my contact groups on the mobile app? I need this functionality.

Based on your description, it looks like you are creating an M365 group in outlook? Create a group in Outlook - Microsoft Support. If that is the case, all the members will see each other. I'm afraid there's no way to hide every single one of them from each other. One work around I could think of is adding your customers as contacts in outlook and then creating a contact group for them. Create a contact group or distribution list in Outlook for PC - Microsoft Support. The customers cannot see or access this group as it is local to you. While sending the email, you can put the contact list in the BCC box such that they can't expand this to see the other members.

In case you have any further queries, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ashraf.

|

Hello Angelica,

Greetings. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you need to view your contact groups in outlook mobile. Did further tests on my end as well looks like this is not yet feasible within the native mobile app. As a work around, you can log into outlook on the web on the mobile device browser and navigate to the people section. This should be able to show the contact groups. Also, while composing an email in Outlook mobile web, you can input the name of the contact list in the BCC box to show the list name in the suggestions below (might include long characters).

I do understand your need for this, and we will surely raise you concerns to our Product Team and hopefully this can be included in the future updates.

In the meantime, please provide feedback on this feature request by creating a new post in the Feedback Portal at Outlook · Community (microsoft.com). Many features of our current products are designed and upgraded based on customers’ feedback.

Your kind understanding is highly appreciated.

Thank you for your precious time and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Ashraf.

* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2024 Views 27 Applies to: