Contacting the Server for Information" outlook pop up is coming up all of a sudden on every email with an attachment and/or links in a signature of someone on the chain

This is beyond ridiculous.  It started happening two weeks ago and only intermittently...now it is happening on every email with an attachment and/or links in their signatures (or in anyone on the chain's signatures) and it is not just a fast flash of the pop up...it freezes everything for about 15 seconds...and you cannot close the pop up or cancel out.  NO ONE else is reporting this issue...why all of a sudden has it happened to my outlook?  

Please tell me someone out there has an answer? My entire job is based on getting/sending/handling Word and PDF attachments, so somehow designating every person that happens to be on a chain with links in their signature, or that sends an attachment, and somehow marking them as a trusted sender makes zero sense and is not a solution to this (apparently well known) outlook issue. Hoping a genius exists that has figured out how to correct this? :)

Hi yashgarg,

Based on the above post, you're receiving a pop-up message on every email with an attachment or links in Outlook. We'll try to address this the best we can.

When working within Office, a message like Contacting the server for information may appear for long periods of time. This issue may happen when Office is trying to connect to a remote location, such as a file storage (local or online), or even a remote device which is commonly accessed wirelessly. For more details about this, kindly refer to this article. There are several scenarios where this message or a similar message is displayed. You may check this information in the same article provided.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 22, 2024 Views 907 Applies to: