Connecting @outlook.fr with @hotmail.com

I have been trying for weeks now to connect my @outlook.fr email account with my @hotmail.com account to be able to receive emails from both accounts in the same place. I do not want to forward the emails. However each time I get the following error message:

"We were unable to reach your email provider. Please check your server settings, or try again later."

Well I think this now classifies as later, and it still doesn't work.... And what I also find odd is that hotmail and outlook are the same email providers so it should be pretty easy to connect.

Thanks for your help.

Answer
Answer

We'll need to change the sign in email of the account you want to connect to Outlook.com.

Step 1: Add a new alias.

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account.
  2. Select Your Info.
  3. Select Manage your sign-in email or phone number.
  4. Because of the sensitive nature of changing your alias, you'll be prompted to enter the code that we send to the email address or phone number listed in your account as security information. This lets us know the request is coming from you.
  5. Select Add email.
  6. Select Create a new email address and add it as an alias. (email domain: @outlook.com)

Step 2: Set the new email address as the primary alias.

Here's how to set the new email address as the primary alias:

On the Manage your account aliases page, click Change sign-in preferences, and then select the new alias you have created. Click Save.

Step 3: Once done, add the email alias you have created to Outlook.com. This will allow you to receive your messages from both of your accounts.

Regards.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 27, 2022 Views 2,053 Applies to: