Challenge with the LinkedIN Connector (Plug-In) for "Outlook Social Connector".....32-bit? 64-bit? Hmmm....Neither is working....Need help figuring out why!?!

I am running Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit) & Outlook 2010 (32-bit).....Outlook Social Connector is, by default, already installed in my Outlook 2010.  I attempted to install the LinkedIN Plug in (Connector) in both 64 and 32 bit versions, and was unsuccessful.  It says it was installed, and I received NO error message, but when I re-start outlook, I do not see ANY Social Networks in the list, as I am supposed to.  I checked OPTIONS and "Add-Ins" List, and do not see any mention of the LinkedIN Connector, although I do see the Outlook Social Connector listed. What could be wrong??  Thanks for any help you can provide! :)
Check this link below on how to add social network account to Outlook 2010:
http://www.cravingtech.com/how-to-add-linkedin-to-outlook-2010.html

Regards,
Marcus DAlmeida

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Does not work - I am not seeing the LIST of "OPTIONS" for Social Network Accounts....

I have tried the following:

1.  Made sure I am on the LATEST version of the OSC Software for Outlook 2010

2.  Re-Installed 32 bit Linked In Connector

3.  Installed Microsoft's MSXML6 and then re-started Outlook

I looked in my "ADD INs" and the OSC is LISTED and ACTIVE, but there is no Add-In for the LinkedIN social connector listed

However, when I go to INSTALLED PROGRAMS, I DO SEE a listing for "LINKED OUTLOOK CONNECTOR"...So it IS installed on my computer...I am STUMPED!!

***KAW***

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same problem. My desktop is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with Outlook 2010. I've put in several help requests to LinkedIn and they gave me the run around. They kept telling me to download the same connector everyone refers to. I always got the "you must download the Outlook Social Connector" window while trying to install the LinkedIn Connector.

Such a waste. It was really helpful in Outlook 2007. What I can't understand is why Microsoft puts more focus on Facebook than LinkedIn. LinkedIn is 100% business oriented.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 150 Applies to: