Calendar and To-do list

Hi,

I want to be able to create and view items on my calendar and then tick them off when completed. I don't want them in the separate "tasks" area as I find this really inconvenient and I like having my task lain out in a calendar as it makes more sense to me. At the moment, my solution has been to create an "all day event" and list my task there but if I don't get to it on the day I've assigned it too, it disappears after the day has passed. Is there a way I can have my tasks appear in my calendar and be able to check them off as I complete them 

Thank you in advance! 

Hi Smoothsayer,
You have two options - neither are what you want though, but Outlook is limited in this area.

First is to show the task pad at the bottom of the day or week calendar. It's obviously only workable if you use a day view - its not shown on the monthly calendar.

The second option is to show the task bar in the to0do bar on the right. Turn it on from the Layout > To-Do bar or from the peek that pops up when you hover over the task button at the bottom of the navigation pane.

This screenshot shows the Calendar with both options turns on.
--
Diane Poremsky
M365 MVP, specializing in Outlook, Exchange, and Microsoft 365 apps.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 10, 2024 Views 3,650 Applies to: