Block List removal

Turning to the community forums since I'm at my wits end with this situation.

I run a web hosting company, and my IP for some reason is on the Outlook block list, according to the automatic responses. Not on any other block list anywhere else, just Microsoft's internal one.

The message I'm getting is:

<*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>: host

hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com[104.47.14.33] said: 550 5.7.1

Unfortunately, messages from [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] weren't sent. Please contact

your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block

list (S3140). You can also refer your provider to

http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

[VI1EUR04FT037.eop-eur04.prod.protection.outlook.com] (in reply to MAIL

FROM command)

Now before anybody comments saying "use this form to request removal and wait", I've submitted multiple requests so far and heard nothing back. I have paying clients who are telling me they're going to cancel if I can't get this sorted out, and all I can do is submit a form to the void and hope for the best?

Surely there's something one of the staff here can do, or guide me in a better direction than "fill out this form, again"

My latest ticket number is ************, can somebody please look into this and tell me why this is happening?

I've edited your message for privacy.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Robert,

I'd like verify if this is the form that you've used. Also, have you tried contacting your ISP?

To notify me and have me get back to you, simply reply to this post.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That's not the form I filled out, as about 2 or 3 dozen other threads with the same problem all linked to this form instead:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportrequestform/8ad563e3-288e-2a61-8122-3ba03d6b8d75

Should I also fill out the form you linked?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Welp, I filled out that form, was told it's not blocked, but that's only for O365 customers and not the genpop. That form also links to the form I linked in my last message.

So, what's next? I really don't want to have to tell all my clients that they just can't email any Microsoft accounts, that's absurd.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi RobertQJ,

Having an issue with sending/receiving an email using a third-party domain is caused by the following:

• The sender’s IP or domain has a lower reputation with Outlook.com because of Spam activities, the IP is new, or the IP address of the domain is sending a million emails to Outlook.com users (Note: IP based domain have limitations of emails to be sent to Outlook.com users).
  • Anti-virus software’s “Internet Email Auto Protocol” or “Internet Email Protection”. If this setting is enabled, disable it and try sending a test message to our servers again.
  • The DNS of the sender’s domain is not configured correctly.
  • Namespace mining - This method is commonly used by malicious senders to generate lists of valid e-mail addresses that they can send spam, phishing emails, or malware.

With the abovementioned causes, Outlook.com users have nothing to do with the issue as it is created by design to protect Outlook.com users for any possible compromise of their personal information online.

• If you’re an Outlook.com user, it is best that you contact the email administrator of the domain and they need to contact our Outlook.com Postmaster by visiting this link.
  • If you’re an email administrator, please follow the troubleshooting on this link. You can also request for delisting your IP address through our Anti-Spam IP Delist Portal and/or Outlook.com Deliverability Support.

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The IP we have for our shared hosting server is nto listed on any of the ~100 or so other block lists, the reputation is fine, even on the Symantec BrightFilter (I checked myself after seeing others mention it).

So this is an issue with Microsoft and Microsoft alone. We have everything set up correctly, we have small individual users who send either personal emails or transactional emails, no spam whatsoever, and again this isn't an issue with Google, Yahoo, any ISP emails, or anybody else.

My sysadmin is about ready to set up a separate outgoing trunk to a different IP just to bypass this ridiculous BS, I just wish I didn't HAVE to build ways around this block list.

By the way, 5 days later I still have not gotten a response from my latest block list removal form submission.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for standing by. Your concern about block list removal is under investigation and we are coordinating with our Internal support team to get this addressed as soon as possible. We’ll let you know once we reach a resolution. Please standby.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for waiting, Robert. We received an update from our Internal support team and they advised that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please post here if you manage to get this fixed. 

I posted here a month ago and still have not had this issue fixed or the IP delisted. I wish Microsoft would actually take action about this rather than sending out dated support links.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi AntonyB1,

I truly understand where you are coming from. This matter is still under investigation and we'll keep you updated on this thread. Meanwhile, they have advised to follow the steps provided on the link above to isolate the issue. 

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for waiting, Robert. We received an update from our Internal support team and they advised that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link.

Regards.

That's the same exact link that's in the auto reply of every bounced email. Like I stated before, if there were any actual issues with the IP, with the emails my clients or I were sending, the reputation, or viruses, surely Microsoft wouldn't be the lone wolf to catch these issues and the hundred plus other IP block lists would miss it.

It's been over 2 weeks now, and I'm starting to lose confidence this is ever going to get fixed based on answers like from AntonyB1 here.

If your dev team needs some help with how to remove the IP, I've taken the beginner course on MSSQL and could lend a hand, maybe something like

DELETE FROM block_list WHERE ip = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

That one's on the house.

For real though, I'm not asking to move mountains, or to part the sea, I'm asking for a real, live, human being to LOOK at the block list and either give me a legitimate reason why Microsoft specifically doesn't want my emails going through (and not an "oh uhh look at this link and take a guess lol"), or to get removed from the block list. This is starting to cost me money and is detrimental to future business for me.

Please.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 10, 2024 Views 8,572 Applies to: