Android Outlook App - No Notifications

Hello,

I am not receiving notifications for anytjing except for the odd calendar notification. My computer receices notifications thiugh.

I have gone into the app settings and selected notifications for all messages and I don't use a focused inbox.

In my android's settings I've also ensured Outlook is an approved app to send notifications and made sure it is exempt from my Do Not Distrub. However, even if my DND is not active, I still do not receive notifications for new emails. This started a while ago but it has only become problematic now that I'm on the road more.

Please advise if I've missed a setting.

Hi Hayden

We appreciate your time in reporting this issue with Outlook app to our team. We'd like to know if you have tried to use the Test push notification troubleshooting option of Outlook app. You may check it by going to Settings> Help & feedback> Troubleshooting> run Test push notification

If Test push notification is running perfectly but you're still not getting the notifications, we'd recommend adding up another account to see if the same issue with notifications occurs. If it does, I'd suggest clearing the app cache and check if helps to resolve the issue. Please note that you need to sign in again after clearing the app cache. 

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post. 

32 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The test push notification failed. Forgot to mention I tried this already.

Thank yoy.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the information, Hayden. Since you've already tried the said option with push notification, I'd recommend performing the other troubleshooting steps we have provided above and check if it helps.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Eileen

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I did that anyway. Next suggestion please.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you confirm if you have checked both the Notifications setting in the Outlook app itself and on your device app settings? Please refer to the screenshots below: 

We'd also suggest checking the auto-sync feature of your phone if it was also turned on. To check this, please follow the steps below: 

1. Open your device's Settings app.
  2. Select Accounts. If you don't see Accounts, tap Users & accounts.
  3. If you have more than one account on your device, tap the specific one.
  4. Tap Account sync.
  5. Turn off the apps you don't want to auto-sync. 

If all notification settings were enabled for Outlook app and the auto-sync is also functioning properly but the same issue occurs, I'd recommend contacting our Outlook app in-app support team. Go to Settings > Help & Feedback > Contact Support. For your reference, please check on this link

If you have additional questions, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can. 

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2024 Views 84,024 Applies to: