After I downloaded the Mac Ventura OS, my Outlook is not searching email. Advice?

I recently downloaded the new Mac Ventura OS. Now my Outlook won't search email folders for the two weeks since I downloaded the OS. I deleted all the Office 365 files then downloaded a new batch. Problem persists. Unfortunately, I can't find advice specific to the Ventura OS.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Michael G, I’m Gunasekar and I will be happy to help you with your question, I am a Microsoft consumer like you. I understand that you are having trouble with Mac Outlook Search not working. Try the following fixes below and check if it helps. Spotlight: 1. Open the Apple Menu and go to System Preferences. 2. There, click the Spotlight icon, and then select Privacy from the top. 3. If you see the Outlook profile there, click (minus -) and remove the outlook profile. Once this is done, close the Spotlight settings window, and restart your Mac. Open Outlook, and see if the search problem has been resolved. Create a new profile in Outlook for MAC: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7af4acf5-7f02-486b-9d6c-ae9f6f941ea8 The related thread is for your reference. In the new Outlook profile, you can export all the outlook emails. make sure you import it to .pst on the existing profile. I hope this information helps. If you have any questions, please let me know and I’ll be glad to assist you further. Best regards Gunasekar N

AI: Artificial Intelligence or Automated Idiocy???

“You are serving a customer, not a life sentence.Learn how to enjoy your work”-LaurieMcIntosh

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I recently downloaded the new Mac Ventura OS. Now my Outlook won't search email folders for the two weeks since I downloaded the OS. I deleted all the Office 365 files then downloaded a new batch. Problem persists. Unfortunately, I can't find advice specific to the Ventura OS.

I have the same issue in Outlook search on my new Macbook pro after macOS Ventura upgraded. But luckily found a helpful solution that fixes Outlook Search Not Working Mac. Solution 4 worked for me in this guide. Thank you so much!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Deleted and recreated profile did not work for me. I also checked Spot light privileges, Main Profile location....Seems ventura issue. I am on M1Max

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue. I contacted support directly from Outlook and got this answer. The solution worked for me!! (I have a Macbook Pro M2 Chip)

Outlook Support:

I will be glad to assist you. With regards to the search issue, let's run a couple of commands on Terminal to manually initiate indexing and check if that helps:

Open Finder and go to Applications - Utilities - Terminal and type the following commands (Press Enter after typing each command).

sudo mdutil -a -i off

sudo mdutil -a -i on

Note: When prompted for a password, please type the Mac user password. This would be invisible. Please type the same and hit enter.

Once done, restart the mac computer and wait for about an hour and check for the behavior.
Please try and let us know the Outcome. Thank you.

84 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is the one! Super quick, super easy, and successful. I contacted support directly through Outlook app as well, and the rep I spoke to wanted me to re-index on a grand scale. So glad I found your post. Thank you!!

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

System Preferences has been replaced in OS Ventura with System Settings, more like the iPhone set up. Spotlight does not show up this way. How to proceed in Ventura?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Apple Menu>System Settings>Siri & Spotlight>Scroll all the way to the bottom and click Spotlight Privacy. This brings up a box and you're supposed to see if it's listed there.

That method did not help me. I suggest trying the solution listed by suddetuned. It worked quickly and easily for me (mine was fixed immediately and I did not have to wait an hour as they recommend):

Open Finder and go to Applications - Utilities - Terminal and type the following commands (Press Enter after typing each command).

sudo mdutil -a -i off

sudo mdutil -a -i on

Note: When prompted for a password, please type the Mac user password. This would be invisible. Please type the same and hit enter.

Once done, restart the mac computer and wait for about an hour and check for the behavior.
Please try and let us know the Outcome. Thank you.

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow, I'm SO glad I found this solution! Ever since I downloaded Ventura a few months ago, my Outlook for Mac Search wouldn't work. Apple referred me to Microsoft, and Microsoft referred me to Apple (like losing your luggage between two airports...each one blames the other, and nothing gets resolved), but THIS fix WORKED!!! KUDOS!!!!

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This worked like a charm and really easy. Note that Ventura OS no longer has "System Preferences" - it has "System Settings" now, like an iPhone. This makes it harder to find Terminal. Fastest way is to use spotlight to find Terminal - it will open and show in the dock as well. It asked for password only after hitting enter following sudo mdutil -a -I off.

Rest is as mentioned. Really easy and pretty fast indexing.

Now to solve why Microsoft endlessly asks for account credentials.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same runaround but found the help I needed from AppRiver, which serves as our exchange. Took them a few tries, but they solved it, in the same way you all did (and they found this thread here to do it...LOL) Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 21,718 Applies to: