Add / Remove Holiday(s) from Outlook calender

I struggled to find an answer on google to a simplest feature - how do I remove holidays (UK holiday, other countries) from my Outlook calendar for Mac?

I added a different country's holiday many years ago and I now want to remove it from displaying on my calendar. There isn't a section available to do such a basic thing and can't seem to find it quickly.. (not in Preference?)

I also logged in to the web version of Outlook 365, but can't find a feature very frustrating me..

Please can someone guide me how to remove this.

Thank you in advance.

Hello 888_ifeellucky_888,

Thanks for your post in this community.

Regarding your concern, kindly check by follow the below steps to turn off holidays calendar from Outlook web app side and check if its sync with Outlook for Mac or not.

• Login to Outlook web app > go to Calendar > Select Add Calendar option > go to Holidays > search for United Kingdom > Uncheck/disable that one. (note: based on country vise, you can turn off that other holidays calendar) Changes performed on OWA side, will be sync on Outlook for mac as well.

Screenshot for your reference:

If still on Outlook for Mac side, such festival calendar visible, request you to kindly let us know are you using New Outlook for Mac or Old/classic Outlook for Mac and how does you configure your account in Outlook for Mac, so based on it we will check and assist you further.

Thank you so much for your precious time and co-operation. Stay safe and healthy.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Ankita Vaidya

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Good day to you and hope you are doing well.

We haven't heard back from you. Is there any update? Please feel free, if you need any further assistance from our end. Thank you.

Regards,

Ankita Vaidya

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your advice Ankita.

Your first suggestion definitely works to add & remove (hide) holidays of my choice, and I could see them appearing both on Outlook desktop and web. Good to know - thank you!

However, I still can't delete the 'old' holidays (UK and Japan) added years ago, that seem to become part of my 'Calendar' rather than 'Holidays'.

I can remove them manually by deleting each, but it keeps repeat itself year after year, hence an endless process.

Perhaps you have suggestion to rectify this?

I've attached my calendar so you can see what it looks like. Not sure by 'how the account is configured' so attached account set up.

Thank you.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry for delay in reply. Today just back to the work and seen you’re reply here.

Since after deleting Holiday calendar, it appears again. So we need to narrow down the issue and for that we would like to confirm have you tried to remove such calendar via different browser? If not, kindly check with it, so we can check if it’s browser’s issue or account issue.

Further we need details about your Affected account email id and OWA version details. So request you to kindly check below steps to collect OWA version details and provide us all information via Private Message.

• Login to Outlook web app, right click on any blank space and select “Show page source” and share that page details.

We highly appreciate your kind understanding and co-operation.

Regards,

Ankita Vaidya

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 9, 2024 Views 17,770 Applies to: