Accessing two office 365 mailboxes simultaneously / Adding a mail account

1. I have access to two Office 365 accounts, one, my own which is a business account and of which, I am the administrator and, the other, which is a school account administered by the school. I have the following questions/issues:
    1. When I am logged into my personal Office 365 Business account, that is the account that opens and, the mailbox I see, (not my school mailbox which, I should) when I try to access my school account. This, even though I log into the school account using a separate ID and password and that, after I have logged into the school's "Student Home" page.
    2. When I try to "Open another mailbox" I get an I get an http 400 error, "It's not you, it's this link (it appears to be broken)".
    3. Why does my personal e-mail account open when I sign into my school e-mail and, how can I open both accounts at the same time w/o first signing out of one of them?
  2. I tried to add my school account mailbox to personal Office 365 Business account but I cannot connect. What information do I need to request from the school IT department to complete this process?

Hi O365ft,

Regarding "how can I open both accounts at the same time w/o first signing out of one of them?", can you provide more details about this, so we can better understand your requirement?

As i know, to open another user’s mailbox in a split browser window, there are two prerequisites.

1.Both of these accounts are in a same Office 365 tenant/organization.

2.You need to be granted “Full Access” permission to another mailbox that you want to access.

To grant full access permission, please let the Office 365 administrator refer to the following steps.

a. Connect to Exchange Online PowerShell

This example grants Kevin Kelly full access to Terry Adams's mailbox.

b.Add-MailboxPermission -Identity "Terry Adams" -User KevinKelly -AccessRights FullAccess -InheritanceType All

Regards,

Toby

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi O365ft,

Do you have any updates on this?

Thanks,

Toby

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Toby,

The school's IT department sent me a link to search on the college website. Information from there allows me to access the mail account on my Windows 10 phone and in the desktop Microsoft e-mail app but, not in my desktop Outlook client. I re-opened my ticket with them but they closed it w/o answering so I re-opened it a second time.

As to your reply, I am not sure I understand it or, if we are on the same page. I am not trying to access another's mailbox, I am trying to view my own school e-mail in my Outlook desktop client. As of now, I can access it from the web, from the phone and from the Microsoft mail app on the laptop but, I cannot access it in Outlook.

I have selected an option in the school e-mail settings to forward that e-mail to my Comcast mail so, it is not paramount a solution to my question be found though, it would useful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Thomas,

Are you @O365ft? If yes, can you share the service ticket with us via private message, so we can help you check it?
I have sent you a private message. Please click on the link below to access it.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessages/list
If not, I suggest you create a new thread, so we can focus this issue and provide dedicated assistance.

Thanks,
Toby

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your private message. According to your description, I understand that you are not able to set up your account in the Outlook client. Now, we cannot confirm whether the root cause is related the Outlook client or your account.

To troubleshoot it, could you provide the following information?

1.       Regarding “take my device to a computer lab”, can you provide more details about this?

2.       Please run an Outlook Connectivity test in Remote Connectivity Analyzer and copy the test result via the private message that I sent you.

3.       If possible, I suggest you change to another computer and check if the issue persists.

4.       Check if the Outlook client is the latest version. Open the Outlook client > File > Office accounts > update options > update

5.       Does the issue occur to other users in your organization?

Thanks,

Toby

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Fred,

Do you still need help? If so, please provide the information requested above at your convenience.

Best Regards,
Toby

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Toby,

I ran the Outlook Connectivity Test and the result was a username/password problem. I saved a copy of the SaraResult, XML document. However, since I can see any school e-mails in my personal Office 365 account and so, my desktop outlook client, from 8.20.16, going forward and, since I can view previous messages by logging into my school office account online, I am not going to pursue this further.

Please feel free to close the ticket at your convenience and thank you for your willingness to assist me in this matter.

Fred

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 9,330 Applies to: