Question

Q: File sharing notifications in OneDrive

When I add someone to share a file in OneDrive, do they get an automatic notification? Also, do they get an automatic notification when a file is added? If not, how do I notify besides email, or is that the only way?

Thank you!

Answer

A:

Hi Ian,

When a new file is added on a folder that is shared to your colleagues, they will no longer get a notification. The notification only works for shared files. They will also receive a notice when changes are made on a shared file.

Check out this article for more information about OneDrive.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

Answer

A:

Hi Heather,

I will be glad to assist your query related to File sharing notifications in OneDrive.

You can use OneDrive to share photos, Microsoft Office documents, other files, and entire folders with people. Similarly, you can stop sharing an item, or change the permissions others have to it, if you are the owner of the item or have edit permissions.

To get notification when people share with you or edit your shared files, you have to Turn On Notifications for OneDrive Shared Files in OneDrive Settings. Here's how:

1. Right click or press and hold on the OneDrive icon on the taskbar, and click on Settings.

2. In the Settings tab, check (turn on) the Display notifications when people share with me or edit my

shared files box under the bottom Notifications section, and click OK.

Also, make sure you have turned on App Notifications in Settings app. Check out through below steps:

1. Click on Start menu, open Settings and choose System icon.

2. Click on Notifications & actions on the left panel, under Get notifications from these senders section, turn

on Microsoft OneDrive.

Please post back with the status of OneDrive file sharing notifications, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.
Vinodh Kumar.V
Microsoft Community

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

3 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 7,892 Last updated: May 9, 2018 Applies to: