Using two One Drive accounts on one computer

I have One Drive and I access it from various devices. My wife has an Office 365 account at the college where she works. She uses a Dell with Windows 7 and has a One Drive app I use to sync the files on the desktop (where she prefers to store her current files) of her desktop to my One Drive account, but would like to use her 365 account instead. So, how do I switch, without deleting a bunch of files unintentionally (a problem I always fear)? Specifically, I want to stop syncing her desktop files on my account and start syncing the same files on her 365 site. I already have uploaded them there, but don't know how to start syncing them. While this sounds complicated, it seems to be it should be a simple fix. I just don't know how.
Answer
Answer

I'm not sure if you are still having problems with this as this is an old thread.

There is a semi workaround that you can do.

If you are currently logged into a OneDrive account on your computer and wish to be logged into a differing account, you can go to your task manager (bottom right of computer) -> right click on OneDrive icon and hit settings.

Click Unlink OneDrive. This will remove that accounts OneDrive from your computer.

You can then login to OneDrive using your microsoft account. I suggest choosing a different location for these OneDrive files (e.g. C:\\Bob\OneDrive and C:\\Gill\OneDrive to differentiate between each account.

When you need to resync the other account, simply follow the process above and switch back and choose your other location to resync again.

This creates a small syncing hassle if you have a large amount of information to resync but overall so far has done wonders for me.

56 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Then either create a new Windows user account on the Windows 7 computer and connect her account to OneDrive or share them with your account via OneDrive.com. If you choose the latter, you can choose to have her files synced to your account so they act like your files:

Add and sync shared folders to your OneDrive

22 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 2, 2020 Views 113,375 Applies to: