Troubleshooting a Synchronization

Hi, Members of the "Microsoft" "Answers" Community Forums.

During the Latest Few Weeks, the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Account that I am using has started to behave strangely.

I am using the "Microsoft" "Windows" 10 "Home" Edition Version 1,709 Operating System, Build 16,299.125, © 2017 "Microsoft" Corporation.

The "Microsoft" "Universal Windows Platform" Software Application, namely the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Version 17.27.0.0 Software Application succeeds in signing into the Account. I believe that it can be used only in order to remotely inspect the Data and not in order to synchronize anything.

The "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Version 2017, Build 17.3.7131.115, © 2017 "Microsoft" Corporation Software Application has had some problems in the past while signing in. It still has some problems, as it is recurrently asking me to reconfigure its Settings from time to time. I do not see any kind of problems related to its Settings.

However, I feel that it is not succeeding in thoroughly synchronizing the Account that has a Capacity of up to 105 GigaBytes of DataSpace. After a few weeks, the Synchronization should have already been completed by now.

Can anyone of you please check whether anything is wrong with this Account? How should I provide my Credentials to anyone of you in order to check it? The Account is based on the same Electronic Mail Address that I am using now in order to write on this Community Forum.

Or, at least, can you please lead me in order to troubleshoot and to debug whatever is going on over there?

What I have been trying so far on my own have been the following Attempts:

•     to unlink and then to relink the Account;
  •     to fully uninstall both the Software Applications and then to fully reinstall both of them.

It is possible that both the Software Applications are actually functioning normally, but I find it difficult to believe that they require a period of time longer than one month in order to synchronize less than 105 GigaBytes of Data.

The "MEGA" Cloud Provider usually needs just a few days in order to synchronize 65 GigaBytes of DataSpace.

The following picture is thirteen days old, but it still gives a Rough Estimate of the Size of the Account.

The following picture is also thirteen days old, but it still presents the Properties of the Local Folder, which is now "C:\Users\DOBRE\OneDrive\" and not "C:\Users\DOBRE\Downloads\" as it appears in the picture. Anyway, the Total Size is definitely less than 105 GigaBytes of DataSpace and the Total Item Count is less than a half of a million of Files and Folders.

The following picture shows the slow pace at which the Synchronization Process is currently taking place. Sometimes the Transfer Rate is surpassing 500 KiloBytes per Second when the Internet Connection is better.

It is true that an Item Pool of almost a half of a million of Files and Folders is quite large, but I expected that the Operating System should be able to handle at least that much while I am using its Tenth Version.

Please advise.

Best regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Question Info

Last updated July 11, 2018 Views 323 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thank you for the status update, we are happy to learn that there now only 2 GB of data left to download. Hopefully, all the data will be synced by the time it finishes downloading all your files.

Should you have additional concerns, feel free to post them here in the Community.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, "Rolando Vil".

Thank you for Monitoring this Thread and for Intervening on it with your Replies.

However, as I have stated before on this Thread, the Classic (non-"Microsoft" "Universal Windows Platform") "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application is behaving strangely.

Choosing not to reboot the Machine has not helped much, as the "OneDrive.EXE" Process (what you were formerly referring to as the "SkyDrive.EXE" Process) is being constantly restarted from time to time, for reasons that are beyond my Mere Human Understanding.

Currently, the Process is constantly downloading over and over again an amount of Data of as much as 84.5 GigaBytes from an Online Pool of 91.1 GigaBytes.

I have noticed that a simple Renaming of a Local Folder causes the apparition of a Supplemental Duplicate Folder with its Previous Name. Therefore, I believe that the Process is first attempting to download everything and then to further synchronize anything. Any Renaming, Moving or Deletion of any of its Files or Folders just manages to confuse it even further.

Hence, I shall leave the Machine to perform its Monkey Tricks and come back here on the Date of Sunday, 4-February-2018 and I shall jot down the progress afterward.

Computer Science used to be a Very Precise Science. I pity those who are still currently attempting to rely on its Apparently Heuristic Behavior.

Best Regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, "Rolando Vil".

It seems that it makes little sense to wait for a Full Calendar Month until the Synchronization finally succeeds.

After Five Calendar Days, the number of the remaining Files left to be synchronized has remained fixed at the Value of 292,241 Files (which might even include Folders).

I have been touching very little from the contents of the "OneDrive" Folder.

However, the "OneDrive.EXE" Process is constantly crashing, restarting and maybe even doing lots of tricks that are difficult to understand by a Mere Human Brain.

I have also rebooted the Machine in the meantime, which has now reached the Build Number 10.0.1709.16299.192.

I definitely believe that the Software Fault does not reside within the File System of the Operating System. It should be able to handle even File Paths that are longer than 255 characters.

I believe that something fishy has happened in the Online Version of the Software Application. I am therefore contacting now your Support Colleagues.

This is what I have been writing to them:

Hi, "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Support Team.

As advised by your Support Colleagues, I am now asking you to help me in troubleshooting the Synchronization of this Account.

Please find some details about this Issue at the following Uniform Resource Locator:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odfiles-sdwin10/troubleshooting-a-synchronization/c341841b-8be3-4936-9a3c-47689aa90176?page=2#LastReply

Best Regards,
        DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Unless and until this kind of Software Faults are getting solved, it also makes little sense to subscribe to a Full Paid Subscription for a Value of one TeraByte or more Web Storage DataSpace.

Please advise how to go on.

Best Regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, "Rolando Vil".

Indeed, it really seemed that it made little sense to wait for a Full Calendar Month until the Synchronization would have finally succeeded.

I have written to you a Post on this Thread on the Date of Wednesday, 10-January-2018. After more than one month, today, on the Date of Monday, 12-February-2018, I am coming back in order to summarize what has happened in the meantime.

The end result is the fact that this is the Last Time when I am writing on this kind of Support Forums and also this is the Last Time when I am writing Electronic Mail Messages to Support Teams.

The Support Saga has been utterly chaotic. I have not received any sensible pieces of advice. Nothing has really helped in solving this Issue.

Recently, the Synchronization was almost finished, with only one or two Files that were left to be downloaded. I have manually tested also the Uploading Process through the https://onedrive.live.com/ Web-Site and it is working fine.

However, after changing a little bit some Settings, I had the surprise to have again 84.8 GigaBytes of Data left to be downloaded that are occupied by a number of 292,386 Files.

After requesting to be left alone and after receiving a FortNight of Silence, I have reopened the discussion with the Support Team. They have not replied yet and honestly I do not expect much from their part.

I just want to paste here the Support that I have got so far. It did not help me at all. Hopefully, it will be instructive for other persons who are interested in Cloud Providing nowadays.

DOBRESCU_Mihai. 

Jan 10, 19:47 I.S.T.

As advised by your Support Colleagues, I am now asking you to help me in troubleshooting the Synchronization of this Account.

Please find some details about this Issue at the following Uniform Resource Locator:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odfiles-sdwin10/troubleshooting-a-synchronization/c341841b-8be3-4936-9a3c-47689aa90176?page=2#LastReply

Best Regards,
        DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Microsoft respects your privacy. Review our online Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way. Redmond, WA 98052

Anurag S. (OneDrive) (Microsoft)

Jan 10, 23:22 I.S.T.

Hi there,

We are not sure about your concern and so we would request you to elaborate the Issue that you are facing right now.

We would like to tell you that you have 24 GigaBytes of Data in the Recycle Bin of your "Microsoft" Account with the Electronic Mail Address <REMOVED ELECTRONIC MAIL ADDRESS>. Please check the same in the "OneDrive" Web Application (http://onedrive.com/) and if you find any important File there, then please restore the same.

Go to this Link to know how to delete or restore Files from "OneDrive":

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Delete-or-restore-files-and-folders-in-OneDrive-949ada80-0026-4db3-a953-c99083e6a84f

We have checked the Link that you have shared with us. There you have mentioned that the Synchronization is not working and that you have tried Unlinking, Relinking, Uninstallation, and Reinstallation as well. We appreciate your efforts. However, in order to look at your concern in our way, we will need a few more information in order to isolate and then to assist you in the right direction after knowing the present situation.

Please provide the following information:

•         What is the Format of the Files that you are trying to synchronize with "OneDrive"?

•         What is the Total Size of the Data that you are trying to synchronize with "OneDrive"?

•         Are you now synchronizing with the "OneDrive" Synchronizing Client (which comes preinstalled) or are you trying to synchronize it with the Universal Application of "OneDrive" (which we install from the "Microsoft" "Windows Store")?

•         Did you check your "OneDrive" Web Application (http://onedrive.com/) to ensure whether the Data is being uploaded or not?

•         Please open the "OneDrive" folder in your Personal Computer and share a ScreenShot of the same.

Right-click the white "OneDrive" Cloud Icon in the Notification Area, at the far right of the TaskBar. (You might need to click the "Show Hidden Icons" Arrow next to the Notification Area to see the "OneDrive" Icon). Click "View Synchronization Problems". Share a ScreenShot of the same.

Thanks,
        Anurag

OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jan 11, 02:34 I.S.T.

Hi, "Anurag S.".

What a bright idea!

I have flushed the Recycle Bin.

Still, I have not noticed anywhere the Value of 24 GigaBytes of DataSpace consumed by the Files that were present in the Recycle Bin.

Anyway, even after Flushing the Recycle Bin, the Used DataSpace has remained at the same Constant Value of 91.1 GigaBytes out of the Total Capacity of 105 GigaBytes.

Let me now answer the rest of the questions that you have asked me in the rest of this Electronic Mail Message.

Q1. "What is the Format of the Files that you are trying to synchronize with 'OneDrive'?"

A1. That is difficult to say.

If you revisit the Community Forum Thread, then you will see that the Total Count of the Local Files rises up to the Value of 374,320 Files occupying a Total DataSpace of 101 GigaBytes. This means that the Average File Size is of 290,610 Bytes.

The Data has different Types: Textual or Binary, Documents or Pictures and in general - anything that you can think of and way beyond.

Q2. "What is the Total Size of the Data that you are trying to synchronize with 'OneDrive'?"

A2. As I have previously stated both in the Community Forum Thread and earlier in this Electronic Mail Message, the Total Size of the Local Data is of around 101 GigaBytes of DataSpace.

"Are you now synchronizing with the 'OneDrive' Synchronization Client (which comes preinstalled) or are you trying to synchronize it with the Universal Application of 'OneDrive' (which we install from the 'Microsoft' 'Windows Store')?"

This piece of information is also present in the Community Forum Thread.

As I have understood so far, the "Microsoft" "Universal Windows Platform" Desktop Version of the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application cannot be used for Synchronization, but it may be used for Downloading and Uploading Files and Folders.

I have not used it much, but, for that purpose, it seems to be running fine. I have not attempted to use it yet for any kind of Synchronization.

I am using the Classical "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application. This is the one that is buggy. The ScreenShots from the System Tray are only available for this type of the Software Application.

Q3. "Did you check your 'OneDrive' Web Application (http://onedrive.com/) to ensure whether the Data is being uploaded or not?"

A3. I did.

My impression is that the Software Application is attempting in vain to download those 91.1 GigaBytes of Data over and over again and that it cannot finish the process, for some unknown reason. After this, it should also upload the Local Changes, but it seems that it never reaches that step.

Q4. "Please open the 'OneDrive' folder in your Personal Computer and then share a ScreenShot of the same."

A4. Sure. Knock yourself out.

Q5. "Right-click the white 'OneDrive' Cloud Icon in the Notification Area, at the far right of the TaskBar. (You might need to click the 'Show Hidden Icons' Arrow next to the Notification Area to see the 'OneDrive' Icon). Click 'View Synchronization Problems'. Share a ScreenShot of the same."

A5. I cannot perform this action.

The 'View Synchronization Problems' Option is Grayed-Out, that is, Dimmed-Out or Inactive.

Best Regards,
            DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Attachment(s)
        2018-01-10_22-28-37_-_OneDrive_Online_Size.PNG
        2018-01-10_22-44-30_-_Total_Commander_(x64)_9.12_-_DOBRESCU_Mihai.PNG

Sudha C. (OneDrive) (Microsoft)

Jan 12, 03:21 I.S.T.

I have checked your Account with the Electronic Mail Address <REMOVED ELECTRONIC MAIL ADDRESS> and seen that only 87% or 91.1 GigaBytes of Storage Space is already used on your Account.

Are you looking for any deleted Files in your "OneDrive" Account?

Do you have the concern with the Storage Space that "OneDrive" has used to synchronize your Files?

Thanks,
        Sudha
        OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jan 12, 04:31 I.S.T.

Hi, "Sudha C.".

It is amazing that both "Anurag S." and yourself have not understood this Issue yet.

Please read again the Community Forum Thread.

The Situation is quite simple: the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application does not synchronize its Files and Folders between their Online Versions and their Local Versions.

Let me answer your questions now.

Q1. "Are you looking for any deleted Files in your 'OneDrive' Account?"

A1. No, I am not looking for any deleted Files. I have just flushed the "Recycle Bin" earlier. I am not interested in the deleted Files.

The action of flushing the "Recycle Bin" has been performed at "Anurag S."'s request.

Are you also reading "Anurag S."'s Electronic Mail Messages?

Q2. "Do you have the concern with the Storage Space that 'OneDrive' has used to synchronize your Files?"

A2. No, the problem is not related to the Storage Space. The Synchronization simply does not end!

I am extremely disappointed at your intervention, "Sudha C.". I have written a huge thread apparently in vain.

Best Regards,
            DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Attachment(s)
        2018-01-12_00-46-31_-_Current_State.PNG

Sudha C. (OneDrive) (Microsoft)

Jan 13, 03:00 I.S.T.

Hi, 

As per the ScreenShot you are synchronizing around 70 GigaBytes of Data, so I would recommend you to try the selective synchronize to upload your Files or upload the Data in small chunks, by following the steps given below:

1. Go to the "Windows" TaskBar.
           2. Click the "OneDrive" Cloud Icon.
           3. To select which Folders to synchronize, right-click the blue Cloud Icon, and then click Settings > Account > Choose Folders.

4. Select few Folders at a time and let them synchronize.

Please try this and let us know the results.
        Thanks,
        Sudha
        OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai. 

Jan 13, 23:37 I.S.T.

Hi, "Sudha C.".

Thank you for writing another attempt to provide support to me.

It is amazing to me to see that you are suggesting such a solution.

In the ScreenShot that you have provided to me, I can see that the Data is of the Order of MegaBytes. The Selected Data has a Size of 14.4 MegaBytes.

Now, imagine that I would have to select such small little chunks of Data out of a Huge Pile of Data amounting to 126 GigaBytes of DataSpace, which is the Size of the Local "C:\Users\DOBRE\OneDrive\" Folder. How many attempts would I have to perform until I got some kind of progress?

It is unacceptable for a Human Being to perform the work of a robot.

Even if I want to follow your piece of advice, this solution implies the Deletion of the Unselected Local Data, as it can be seen in the ScreenShot that appears below.

Why is it so difficult to synchronize only 126 GigaBytes of Data? Using the "MEGA" Cloud Provider, a user has only to start the "MEGA Sync" Software Application and then to wait for it to synchronize, for instance, 65 GigaBytes of Data in a very smooth way, only in a few days.

I expected to have a better experience with the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application, which should be better integrated with the "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System.

I do not want to think about what kind of Issue I might encounter if I had to synchronize one TeraByte of Data.

Best Regards,

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Attachment(s)
        2018-01-13_19-29-48_-_A_Warning_Message_only_with_an_OK_Button_and_without_a_Cancel_Button.PNG

Sandeep S. (OneDrive) (Microsoft)

Jan 14, 04:30 I.S.T.

Hi DOBRESCU,

Thanks for the information. We apologize for the inconvenience you are facing with the "OneDrive".

Regarding this Issue, I would suggest you perform the steps mentioned below as the FireWall may be blocking the Upload and Download speed and thus the synchronization. Here is what you need to do:

•         Go to Settings then Update and Security.
  •         Click on Windows Defender.
  •         Open Windows Defender Security Center.
  •         Click on the Shield Icon on the left side.
  •         Then select Virus and Threat Protection.
  •         Turn off Real-Time Protection.
  •         Also turn off Cloud-Based Protection.

Also, follow these steps to switch off indexing:

Right-click on the "OneDrive" Folder in File Explorer.  Choose Properties, then under the General Tab, click Advanced.  Uncheck the box "Allow Files in this Folder to have contents indexed" and say yes to the prompt "Apply to all Subfolders". 

Once this is done, please try to synchronize the Files again and let us know if this works.

Thanks,
        Sandeep
        OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jan 14, 21:52 I.S.T.

Hi, "Sandeep S.", "Sudha C.", and "Anurag S.".

I would like to thank you all for attempting to assist me in solving this Issue.

There is no need to apologize, as you have not developed any parts of the Operating System or any of these Software Applications.

However, unfortunately, it seems that you have not understood yet this Issue.

I am not interested mainly in the speed of the Synchronization Process.

The main problem is that the "OneDrive.EXE" Process is recurrently crashing and most of the time it is restarted.

Recently, I have even encountered a Black Screen Of Death that was not recoverable by any other means than by a Hardware Power-Down followed by a Hardware Power-Up.

After the Latest Crashes and Restarts of the "OneDrive.EXE" Process, I am surprised to see that the Operating System has not managed to restart it again and I cannot see it in the "Task Manager" Software Application.

Therefore, what it seems to be a simple matter of waiting actually turns out to be a Software Fault that constantly crashes the "OneDrive.EXE" Process.

By disabling the "Microsoft" "Windows" "Defender" FireWall and by switching off the indexing of the contents of the "C:\Users\DOBRE\OneDrive\" Local Folder, as you have suggested, then maybe the speed of the Synchronization Process might be increased, but that would not fix the Crashing Behavior.

Also, exposing the Operating System by disabling the Firewall is a Risky Action that I am not willing to perform.

As I can see, the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Web Application has constantly been reporting a Value of 91.1 GigaBytes for the Latest Few Months. That means that nothing has been uploaded in the meantime. Only Downloads have been performed.

The problem definitely resides in the Local Operating System and in the non-("Microsoft" "Universal Windows Platform") Version of the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application.

By deleting a few Duplicate Files, I have been able to reduce the Total Size of the Local Copy of the Data that is contained in the "C:\Users\DOBRE\OneDrive\" Local Folder to a mere 109 GigaBytes contained in only 815,782 Items (501,905 Files and 313,877 Folders).

I shall wait for the "OneDrive.EXE" Process to get restarted and, unless that happens, then I shall start it myself.

My impression is that the "OneDrive.EXE" Process has a Software Fault created, for instance, by the Erroneous Handling of Files and Folders with Paths longer than 255 Characters. Or by some other Mishandled Situation.

Unless this Software Fault gets fixed, then I shall continue receiving Crashes and Restarts forever.

Thank you and Best Regards,
            DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Attachment(s)
        2018-01-14_17-31-55_-_Microsoft_OneDrive_EXE_Process.PNG
        2018-01-14_15-56-29_-_Find_Duplicate_Files.PNG
        2018-01-10_22-28-37_-_Online_Size.PNG
        2018-01-14_18-10-56_-_Local_Size.PNG

Jan 15, 05:56 I.S.T.

Hi DOBRESCU,

Thanks for the information. 

The "OneDrive" Synchronizing Client crashes due to the following possibilities:

1. If there are any 0 KiloByte Files available in the Files that you are trying to upload. So, for this Issue, I suggest you remove the 0 KiloByte Files from the "OneDrive" Folder under the File Explorer. Here is what you need to do:

•         Go to the "OneDrive" Folder.
  •         Search for the 0 KiloByte Files in the Search Box.
  •         Select the Files and delete those.

2. If there are any Database Files like PST Files of the Outlook Backup. So, if you are trying to upload PST Files, please stop those and try to synchronize again.

Please try these steps and let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
        Sandeep
        OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jan 16, 02:09 I.S.T.

Hi, "Sandeep S.".

Please stop calling me "DOBRESCU", which is obviously my Family Name. You can safely address me as "Mihai", which is my Christian Name.

I have again found 110 Duplicate Files with Sizes greater than 100 MegaBytes. I have deleted the Duplicates, leaving only one Copy for each File. Therefore, I must have deleted more than 55 Duplicate Files.

I am now deleting the Files with the Size of Zero Bytes.

I am not happy with this Solution, as even Empty Files may be used by various Software Applications.

But - what to do? - I am Freely Testing your Operating System and the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application.

For instance, a File with the "__init__.py" Name may be empty, but its presence might be required in certain Software Packages.

But what does this matter, is not it? I just want to complete the Synchronization, regardless of any losses in the Semantics of the Data.

I have deleted 2,023 Files with the Size of Zero Bytes.

I am not using anymore the "Microsoft" "OutLook" Desktop Software Application, so there should be no Files with the ".PST" Extension anywhere in the Data. But I am now searching for them, also, just in case there are some old Files kept somewhere.

I have not found any ".PST" Files.

I have been waiting for the "OneDrive.EXE" Process to get restarted, to no avail. However, the following Process Image has appeared in the "Task Manager" Software Application:

I shall wait for the "OneDrive.EXE" Process to get restarted by itself and then I shall report back to you soon.

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Attachment(s)
        2018-01-15_19-54-56_-_OneDrive_Standalone_Updater.PNG

Jan 17, 00:40 I.S.T.

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for the information. We apologize for the delayed response. 

Regarding this Issue, we suggest you update the Operating System, if there are any Pending Updates.

•         Press Windows + R to open the Settings.
  •         Update and Security.
  •         Choose Windows Update and click on Check for Updates.

Once the Windows Update is done, please update the "OneDrive" Application as well. Here are the steps: 

1.         Press Windows + R to open the Run Dialog Box.
  2.         Type: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\Setup\Logs
  3.         Delete the following Files:
    •         UserTelemetryCache.OTC
    •         UserTelemetryCache.OTC.Session
  4.         Press Windows + R to open the Run Dialog Box.
  5.         Type: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\Update\OneDriveSetup.EXE

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
        Sandeep
        OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jan 17, 18:59 I.S.T.

Hi, "Sandeep S.".

Thank you for Monitoring this Issue and for Intervening in its Resolution.

There is no need to apologize. This Issue is obviously Biblical and it goes way beyond the Regular Usage of the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application.

The Problem probably resides in the "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System and probably more specifically it is well-hidden within the intricacies of its File System.

I have noted from the Olden Days of the "Microsoft" "Windows" "Vista" Operating System that something started to go fishy with the Handling of the File System and I am not surprised that there are still Issues resurfacing from this area.

For your sake, I have nicely rebooted and updated the Operating System. It did not seem to update anything. The Version Numbers are still 10.0.1709.16299.192.

The two Most Recent Software Updates have been installed on the Date of Wednesday, 10-January-2018.

I have run your commands. Here is their output:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.192]

(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\System32>CD %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\Setup\Logs

C:\Users\DOBRE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Setup\Logs>DIR UserTelemetryCache.OTC
Volume in drive C is Windows
Volume Serial Number is 94FA-41B2

Directory of C:\Users\DOBRE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Setup\Logs

File Not Found

C:\Users\DOBRE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Setup\Logs>DIR UserTelemetryCache.OTC.Session
Volume in drive C is Windows
Volume Serial Number is 94FA-41B2

Directory of C:\Users\DOBRE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Setup\Logs

22-Dec-17  12:45 PM            20,480 UserTelemetryCache.OTC.Session
1 File(s)         20,480 bytes
0 Dir(s)  53,091,401,728 bytes free

C:\Users\DOBRE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Setup\Logs>REN UserTelemetryCache.OTC.Session UserTelemetryCache.OTC.Session.Renamed

C:\Users\DOBRE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Setup\Logs>%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\Update\OneDriveSetup.EXE

C:\Users\DOBRE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Setup\Logs>

The "OneDrive" System Tray Icon is now in the "Downloading" State.

I have deleted some more Duplicates from the "C:\Users\DOBRE\OneDrive\" Folder. Now its Local Data has the Size of fewer than 100 GigaBytes, contained in only 813,695 Items (499,815 Files and 313,880 Folders).

Remember that this Account currently has only 105 GigaBytes of Web Storage and that the Online Data has remained at the Constant Size of 91.1 GigaBytes for the last few weeks or months.

Please advise on how to continue.

My own idea is to leave it again for a while and to see what else is going on.

If you need some Logs or anything from me, just ask.

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Attachment(s)
        2018-01-16_16-18-15_-_Microsoft_OneDrive_Size.PNG
        2018-01-17_15-10-24_-_Downloading_State.PNG
        CMD.TXT

Jan 18, 08:30 I.S.T.

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for the information. 

If you think so, we can wait for some time and see if the Issue resolves. We cannot keep the Ticket open for much time and will be auto-closed but you can re-open the Ticket any time you wish by just replying to the same. 

Thanks,
        Sandeep
        OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jan 18, 18:29 I.S.T.

Hi, "Sandeep S.".

In your Latest Electronic Mail Message, you have stated that: "If you think so".

Who am I to think anything about anything?

Do I know the Operating System?

I have no idea how it is working.

As I have attempted a few times to state on this Series of Electronic Mail Messages, there is a Software Defect somewhere that is recurrently crashing the Synchronization.

In the following ScreenShot, there are two Dead Corpses of the Previously Crashed Process Images.

Every time the Process Image is restarted, the Downloading fails and the Uploading is never reached.

Do you understand that?

Thank You and Best Regards,
            DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Attachment(s)
        2018-01-18_11-05-32_-_Three_Little_Piggies.PNG

Jan 19, 08:08 I.S.T.

Hi,

Thanks for your time and patience towards resolving this Issue.

Here are some steps you can take to get rid of those Multiple Entries: 

•         First, open up "RegEdit" by hitting Windows + R and typing "RegEdit".
  •         Second, navigate to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace.
    •         In this Directory, you will see a List of GUIDs associated with your different "OneDrive" Entries in the Left Nav.  Clicking on one of these GUIDs will display the Friendly Name (e.g.: "OneDrive - Contoso") in the Data Field.
  •         From here, delete any Multiple Entries such that you only have a single GUID with a Friendly Name of "OneDrive - Contoso" registered under the NameSpace.
    •         If you are already signed in and running "OneDrive" with your Business / Organization Account, you can keep the one Entry that opens your Local "OneDrive" Folder by not deleting the Registry Entry that matches the Value of HKCU\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive\Accounts\{Your Tenant Name}\NameSpaceRootId.

Thanks for using "OneDrive" and for your patience as we figure out how to fix the problem you experienced.

Thanks,
        Sandeep
        OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai. 

Jan 19, 21:13 I.S.T.

Hi, "Sandeep S.".

The "Microsoft" "Windows" "Registry" "Editor" is another piece of intricacy that might complicate things even further. Eventually, I can end up looking at the 64-Bit Binary Machine Code or at the Mnemonics of the Assembly Language.

But what does that matter, is not it? Let me see if anything happens this time.

The "Computer\HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive\Accounts\Personal\NameSpaceRootId" Key contains the "{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" Value.

The "Computer\HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace" Folder contains three Keys.

The "Computer\HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" Preserved Key contains the "OneDrive" Value.

The "Computer\HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{3F218737-3B9B-4C0D-B3D3-F933047B1955}" Removed Key used to contain the "MEGA" Value.

The "Computer\HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{BAECBF35-12CA-4B51-91FF-BDB878F2B873}" Removed Key used to contain the "MEGA" Value.

After deleting those two Keys, I can expect that one of the other Cloud Providers, namely "MEGA", will soon cease functioning normally.

Another person has suggested to me that the "MEGA" Cloud Provider should not be set up in a SubFolder of the Folder that is synchronized by the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Cloud Provider.

The "MEGA Sync" Software Application is only seldom manually started, but I am now reconfiguring it in order to synchronize a Folder that is outside the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Folder.

Alright. Now the "MEGA Sync" Software Application is configured to synchronize a SubFolder of the "C:\Users\DOBRE\Documents\MEGA\" Folder, while the"Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application has been left to synchronize the "C:\Users\DOBRE\OneDrive\" Folder.

Anyway, most of the time, the "MEGA Sync" Software Application is not running.

The Local Version of the Data should eventually be stored only in two Folders:

"C:\Users\DOBRE\OneDrive\Documents\"

"C:\Users\DOBRE\OneDrive\Pictures\"

For reasons that go way beyond the intricacies pertaining to the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application and to the "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System (maybe complete inauspiciousness and the current imminent end of the Ghor Kali Yuga?), the current behavior is the following one:

1. The "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application attempts in vain to Download the 91.1 GigaBytes of Data that are reported by the Web Application, where a few other Files and Folders exist for the moment. The Download Process never ends. Hopefully, after the Deletion of those two Keys, maybe the Recurrent Crashing Behavior will be reduced.

2. I am constantly moving the Data from outside of those two above-mentioned Folders inside those two above-mentioned Folders. This is quite a Useless Action, because, since the Download Process never ends, the Synchronization Process that also implies the starting of the Upload Process and of the Deletion Process of any Data from the Cloud never happens.

3. I am writing another long letter like this one to you.

I have not restarted or rebooted anything.

Please let me know what I should do after performing these steps.

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Sorry this didn't help.

P. R. Deepak (OneDrive) (Microsoft)

Jan 20, 02:33 I.S.T.

Hi,

Appreciate all your efforts.
        If you have done deleting the username, then could you please restart your system and let us know the status?

Awaiting your response. 

Thanks,
        P. R. Deepak
        OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jan 20, 15:42 I.S.T.

Hi, "P. R. Deepak".

In your Latest Electronic Mail Message, you have stated that "If you have done deleting the username".

I have not deleted any usernames.

I understand the situation.

If I were myself providing support to a person, then I would prefer that that person would simply delete all of their own Accounts, all of their own Folders and all of their own Files, so that their own Issues would simply be blown away to dust.

I have merely deleted two Keys.

Of course, in the meantime, I have rebooted the machine and let it knock itself out.

Those two Supplemental Icons in the System Tray have again appeared after some time, indicating two Previous Crashes.

I am attempting to provide as accurate and as clear Information about this Issue as I can, but I wonder how much do you really understand out of my descriptions.

The "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application seems to be stuck at a certain point.

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Attachment(s)
        2018-01-20_11-57-25_-_System_Tray.PNG

Akhil B. (OneDrive) (Microsoft)

Jan 21, 01:02 I.S.T.

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for your response.

In your previous response, you have shared a ScreenShot with us where there were Multiple Synchronizing Clients operating at the same time, which ideally should not happen.

Now, please let us know whether you still see Multiple Cloud Icons at the bottom of the TaskBar?

In case it is true, I would advise you to try with a different User Account and see if you are facing the same Issue.

You may follow the below-mentioned steps to do so:

Press Windows Key + R
        Type: control userpasswords2
        Hit Enter or click OK

Click Add

Click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended)

Click Local account

Enter your account information and then click Next

Click Finish

Please let us know if it helps. I will be waiting for your response.

Thanks,
        Akhil
        OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jan 21, 04:16 I.S.T.

Hi, "Akhil B.".

It is extremely, extremely difficult for me to make myself understood and I do not understand why. I am attempting to write things as simple and as easy to understand as possible.

Let me take a Simple Case. In your Latest Electronic Mail Message, you have stated that: "In your previous response, you have shared a ScreenShot with us where there were Multiple Synchronizing Clients operating at the same time, which ideally should not happen."

No, no, no, no, no. I have already explained this Situation to all of you before. There are not more Clients operating at the same time. The Supplemental Icons are simply Left-Overs from the Previously Crashed Process Images of the "OneDrive.EXE" Process. When I move the Pointer over them, they simply disappear and then only one Icon remains.

Next paragraph: "Now, please let us know whether you still see Multiple Cloud Icons at the bottom of the taskbar?"

Yes, if I leave the Machine on for a while, then the "OneDrive.EXE" Process is Recurrently Crashing and its Previous Process Images are creating a Supplemental Icon per Crash.

Am I clear?

Please tell me if I am unclear. I do not know how to write in order to clear things out.

I have been explaining this Issue over and over again to all of you and I am very sad to see that none of you have yet managed to understand it. It is very simple:

1. The "OneDrive.EXE" Process is started. It creates an Icon in the System Tray.
  2. After a while - PROBABLY BECAUSE OF A SOFTWARE DEFECT -, the "OneDrive.EXE" Process crashes. Its Icon in the System Tray remains printed until the Pointer reaches its Area and its Area is repainted.
  3. After a while, the "OneDrive.EXE" Process is automatically restarted. Another Icon appears in the System Tray.
  4. If I leave the Machine to knock itself out for a longer period of time, then the points (2.) and (3.) are repeated, creating a Number of Icons in the System Tray. That does not mean that there are more "OneDrive.EXE" Process Images in the Random Access Memory, but that means that simply the System Tray Area is not repainted until the Pointer that is led by the Mouse or by the Touch-Pad or by the Track-Ball or by any other Input Electronic Device reaches the System Tray Area.

I have created the "TestOneDrive" non-"Microsoft" Account and manually started the "C:\Users\TestOneDrive\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\17.3.6816.0313\OneDrive.EXE" Executable Binary File, which does not appear in the System Tray as an Icon at all.

The "OneDriveSetup.EXE" Process Image appears twice in the "Task Manager" Software Application and it does not appear to perform anything.

Please advise on how to continue.

Best Regards,
            DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Attachment(s)
        2018-01-21_00-00-41_-_Task_Manager.PNG
        2018-01-21_00-02-11_-_System_Tray.PNG

Akhil B. (OneDrive) (Microsoft)

Jan 21, 06:02 I.S.T.

Hi Mihai,

I am sorry that you are having this problem. If you could provide a little more information, then I shall be better able to help you. Please follow these steps to send us Log Files so that we can escalate this case and that will help us identify the problem:

1.         Press Windows + R to open the Run Dialog Box.
  2.         Type %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\Logs to open the Logs Folder in File Explorer.
  3.         Press Control + A to select all of the Files.
  4.         Right-click one of the selected Files, click Send To and then click Compressed Folder. This creates a .ZIP File of the Files in the Folder.
  5.         Reply to this Electronic Mail Message and attach the .ZIP File.

Thanks for using OneDrive and for your patience as we figure out how to fix the problem you experienced.

Thanks,
        Akhil
        OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jan 21, 18:41 I.S.T.

Hi, "Akhil B.".

Why on Earth have you asked me to create a Supplemental Account, if now you are no longer interested in troubleshooting its behavior?

I was wondering how much time was still meant to pass until one of you would eventually ask me to provide you with some Logs.

This seems to be another Biblical Issue. This means that it is taking ages to get unfolded.

I have first reported this Issue on a "Microsoft" "Answers" Thread back on the Fated Date of Wednesday, 27-December-2017. Although almost one Full Calendar Month has passed, apparently no Software Developer has looked at it yet. The following Uniform Resource Locator describes this Issue before it has reached your plate:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odfiles-sdwin10/troubleshooting-a-synchronization/c341841b-8be3-4936-9a3c-47689aa90176

I have compressed the Logs using an Emerging Technology called "Cloud Providing". I have chosen the "Google" "Drive" Software Implementation. Hopefully, you will be able to download the Archive from the following Uniform Resource Locator:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ih2GB8NYu8klKtzc0FXxOOFy-2uf9Klw

Please tell me if you are able to download this Archive. Its Size is of 12,754,307 Bytes.

The good thing that I have noticed in the meantime has been the fact that recently there has been just one Icon in the System Tray. I do not know if this means that the "OneDrive.EXE" Process has not been crashing recently or if the deletion of those two Keys from the "Microsoft" "Windows" "Registry" has prevented those Supplemental Icons left from the Previously Crashed "OneDrive.EXE" Processes from remaining for a while in the System Tray until the Pointer reaches it and it gets repainted. I have explained this behavior to you a number of times already and I really wonder if whatever I am writing here makes any sense to you.

The current behavior exhibits a "Downloading" State that seems to be Stuck on a Huge Number of Remaining Files, for instance, 158,842 Remaining Files, slowly decreasing to 158,839 Remaining Files.

I rest my case now. After almost one Full Calendar Month of writing, apparently the discussion seems to be going nowhere. This is the Last Time when I have attempted to request Support from anyone. Eventually, the whole endeavor becomes a huge waste of time. The "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System is clearly a mess. Either the Issues get solved by themselves in time, or it is useless to intervene and to try and sort things out.

As an old Saying in the Sanskrit Language is saying: "Sankalpa Vikalpa Karoti". This means: "Whatever you try too much, She breaks".

Best Regards,
            DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Attachment(s)
        2018-01-21_14-34-18_-_Only_One_Icon.PNG
        2018-01-21_14-37-16_-_Stuck_-_OneDrive_-_Downloading_191_6_KB_of_48_5_GB_at_0_0_KB_s_-_158842_Files_Remaining.PNG

Jatin K. (OneDrive) (Microsoft)

Jan 21, 20:44 I.S.T.

Hi, Mihai.

We really apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We have been asking you to create a test user profile on your system and set up OneDrive application on that profile so as to check if still the Issue persists on that profile or not.

We want you to try turning off the anti-virus for the moment to check if the download speed increases or not because the third party anti-viruses interrupt the files to download on your computer. You can try disabling it for once to check if that helps you or not.

In the meantime, try the following steps mentioned below:

1. Press the Windows + R keys to open Run, enter the command below into Run and click/tap on OK.
    %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.EXE /Reset
  2. The OneDrive Icon in the Notification Area of the TaskBar should now disappear. (See ScreenShots below.)

3. The OneDrive Icon should automatically re-appear after a minute or two, and start re-syncing all your OneDrive Files. (See ScreenShot below.)

If the OneDrive Icon does not re-appear after a few minutes, open Run (Windows + R) again, enter %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.EXE and click/tap on OK.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
        Jatin
        OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jan 21, 23:05 I.S.T.

Hi, "Anurag S.", "Sudha C.", "Sandeep S.", "P. R. Deepak", "Akhil B." and "Jatin K.".

Stop. Stop. Stop. Stop.

Maybe I was not clear enough.

I would like to thank you all for all of the pieces of information that you have provided to me so far and for all of the attempts to provide support to me.

I would like right now to ask you all to stop attempting to provide any more support for me.

Unfortunately, I have noticed three clear problems in this discussion:

1. None of you have clearly understood this Issue.
  2. When one of you was attempting to lead me somewhere, another one of you was stopping him or her and attempting to lead me somewhere else.
  3. None of your recommendations were meaningful for this Issue.

In order to further clarify these points, I shall detail them in the following paragraphs.

1. This Issue has nothing to do with the Speed of the Synchronization Process. This Issue is created by a certain Software Defect that crashes the "OneDrive.EXE" Process. The only Software Optimization that I can see now is that recently I have not encountered any Supplemental Icons in the System Tray. However, that does not mean that the "OneDrive.EXE" Process does not crash anymore. It just means that the System Tray is properly repainted and that only one Icon is now present there.
  2. One instance of a Chaotic Type of Investigation has been the Creation of another Account. One of you has asked me to create a Supplemental Account. After I have created it, I have noticed that it was presenting two "OneDriveSetup.EXE" Process Images that were not performing any Meaningful Processing. Instead of further investigating this path, another one of you has led me in a totally different direction.
  3. Everything that I have attempted so far has had nothing to do with this Issue. Since it is caused by a Software Defect that causes a Crash, then deleting Empty Files or ".PST" Files, deactivating the Anti-Virus, deleting some "Microsoft" "Windows" "Registry" Keys, deleting the User Name (good one!) or anything else has had no effect whatsoever toward the improvement of this Issue. Moreover, one of you has asked me to delete the Log Files, instead of handing them to you for Further Investigation.

It is extremely clear to me now that I have simply encountered a Software Defect in the "Microsoft" "Windows" "OneDrive" Software Application. Unless and until a Software Developer looks at this Issue, there is nothing more I can help you with. I have provided you with more than what was humanly possible regarding this Issue.

Therefore, I request you with my folded hands to close this Issue and to stop writing any more Electronic Mail Messages to me.

Best Regards,
            DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jyoti U. (OneDrive) (Microsoft)

Jan 23, 03:38 I.S.T.

Hello, Mihai.

I reviewed the whole ticket and the community page on which you have posted the query. I understand that you do not want anybody else except for the developers to be working on this Issue. But I would like to tell you that the case cannot be escalated for investigation unless all the steps are tried.

You have mentioned in the previous mail that you disabled the anti-virus (Avast) from your system. Could you confirm if OneDrive crashed after you tried this?

Also, please create a new user account so that we can check whether it is an Issue with the current User Account or the Application.

I would really appreciate if you could try these steps and respond.

Thanks,
        Jyoti
        OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jan 25, 20:35 I.S.T.

Hi, "Jyoti U.", "Anurag S.", "Sudha C.", "Sandeep S.", "P. R. Deepak", "Akhil B." and "Jatin K.".

I feel that I might have upset some or all of you with my Electronic Mail Messages.

Providing Service and Support to people is a difficult endeavor, as nobody really knows how the"Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System is working these days.

Let me answer to the points that "Jyoti U." has offered to me as pieces of advice.

"I understand that you do not want anybody else except for the developers to be working on this Issue."

From my point of view, it has been clear since long that this is an Issue that is way beyond the reach of any Support Team. Not only that, but my guess is that this Issue does not refer specifically to the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application, but it is somehow related to a glitch in the "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System. I can imagine that something like File Paths that represent Character Strings with Sizes longer than 255 Characters might cause Software Faults that are still mishandled by the Operating System.

"But I would like to tell you that the case cannot be escalated for investigation unless all the steps are tried."

I understand that you have a certain procedure that you have to follow. However, the efforts that have been put into this Issue so far have been chaotic and I do not wish to continue troubleshooting it for free. One of you has asked me to provide him with some Logs in order to further escalate this Issue, after which another one of you has appeared and has led me in a totally different direction.

"You have mentioned in the previous mail that you disabled the anti-virus (Avast) from your system, could you confirm if OneDrive crashed after you tried this?"

No. I have never mentioned in any of my Previous Electronic Mail Messages that I have disabled any Anti-Malware Software Suite. I cannot perform such an Action, for Security Reasons that you should understand. In particular, I have recently switched from "Avast"'s "Internet Security" Software Suite to "Symantec"'s "Norton Security Online" Software Suite. Disabling any kind of Software Protection for such extended periods of times (such as months) until this Issue gets cleared out is obviously a risk that I am not willing to take.

"Also, please create a new user account so that we can check whether it is an Issue with the current user account or the application."

If you have really and carefully read the progress of this Issue, then you should probably know that I have already created a Supplemental Account called as "TestOneDrive". I have been troubleshooting this Issue inside that Supplemental Account to a certain extent until one of you has led me in a completely different direction. I am not willing to continue troubleshooting this Issue in such an erratic way.

These being said, what I am willing to perform right now is to let the "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System knock itself out for a few months and then report the status back to you again. Hopefully, the Issue will get cleared out by itself. Either the"Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System will get updated, or the Synchronization Process will eventually finish somehow.

The fact that the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application is recurrently crashing might not necessarily be a Software Defect. It is possible that the "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System might be terminating it and then restarting it for reasons that are beyond my mere human understanding. I repeat myself by saying that the current complexity of the "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System is even beyond the reach of a certain Team of Information Technology Professionals.

If I have offended anyone of you with anything that I have written to you in my Electronic Mail Messages, then please accept my sincerest apologies. I did not mean to create any shadow of doubt regarding your abilities.

These being said, now please let me do my work.

Best Regards,
            DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jan 26, 22:37 I.S.T.

Since the previous Logs can no longer be used, I would request you to collect the Synchronization Logs and send them to us again for complete investigation of the Issue.

1. Press Windows + R to open the Run Dialog Box.
  2. Type %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\Logs to open the Logs Folder in File Explorer.
  3. Press Control + A to select all of the Files.
  4. Right-click one of the selected Files, click Send and then click Compressed Folder. This creates a .ZIP File of the Files in the Folder.
  5. Reply to this Electronic Mail and attach the .ZIP File.

The reason we are asking you to send us the Log for investigation again is that the issue might not resolve on its own.

We shall get back to you once the Issue has been fully investigated.

Thanks,
        Jyoti
        OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Jan 27, 00:16 I.S.T.

Hi, "Jyoti U.", "Anurag S.", "Sudha C.", "Sandeep S.", "P. R. Deepak", "Akhil B." and "Jatin K.".

As you wish. Knock yourself out.

I have attached to this Electronic Mail Message the following two Files:

1. The "C:\Users\DOBRE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\Logs\Log_Files.ZIP" Archive File.
  2. The "C:\Users\DOBRE\OneDrive\Pictures\Greenshot\2018-01-26_20-32-06_-_Downloading_State.PNG" Screen-Shot File.

May Lord Hanumana find this time the hidden Sanjivani herb in this Issue, as it is going way beyond my mere human understanding.

Best Regards,
            DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Attachment(s)
        Log_Files.ZIP
        2018-01-26_20-32-06_-_Downloading_State.PNG

Jan 27, 01:37 I.S.T.

Thank you, Mihai. But these Logs have some obfuscation in them.

I request you to collect the Logs again after removing the obfuscation and send it to us again. It would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the steps to remove obfuscation.

1. Open the Run Box with the keyboard combination Windows key + R.
  2. In the Run line, enter RegEdit.
  3. Click OK.
  4. Say "Yes" to User Account Control (if prompted).
  5. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive.
  6. On the Right side of the screen, right-click to bring up the context menu.
  7. Click on New > DWord (32-Bit) Value.
  8. Name it: DisableObfuscatedLogs.
  9. After naming DisableObfuscatedLogs, right-click on it and click on "Modify".
  10. Assign it a Value of 1.
  11. Restart your computer.
  12. Allow OneDrive to setup and encounter the Issue again.
  13. Collect the Logs with the steps provided in the previous mail and send them to us for review.

Thanks,
        Jyoti
        OneDrive Support

Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2018 02:45 PM
        To: Microsoft OneDrive Support
        Subject: Re: OneDrive Support #230926

It never ends, does it?

All right.

I have uploaded the Unobfuscated Logs at the following Uniform Resource Locator:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15nFGVSKaqtUX-WcmJju27ZNmIK9ViPvG

This is the current "Downloading" State:

These are the current Settings in the "Microsoft" "Windows" "Registry Editor" Database:

Now, really, please leave me alone.

Jay Shri Bajaranga-Bali.

Best Regards,
            DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Re: OneDrive Support #230926

Fri 09-Feb-18, 05:49 PM
        Microsoft OneDrive Support;

3 attachments (50 KB)

Download all

Save all to OneDrive
        View Outlook photos

I have decided to reopen this Issue because some time has passed. Some good things have happened.

I have written to you last time on Saturday, 27-January-2018, that is, only a fortnight ago. Let us see what is the situation now.

I have noticed that the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" non-("Microsoft" "Universal Windows Platform"), that is, Classical Desktop Software Application has been updated somehow in the meantime.

Lovely Icons that indicate the Synchronization Status have appeared on the Files and Folders.

Not only that, but the Synchronization Process has almost finished! What can you say about that?

Unfortunately, there is only one last File that does not want to synchronize. I have told you before - this is no longer Computer Science, but it is complete inauspiciousness that leads to the imminent end of the Ghor Kali Yuga.

Is this last remaining File related to a Software Fault? This is for you to determine.

Another weird thing that I do not understand is the following one. Now, the Size of the "C:\Users\DOBRE\OneDrive\" Folder is of 175 GigaBytes, while its Size on the Disk is of only 91.2 GigaBytes. Why? I have not asked for any kind of compression from the File System of the Operating System.

Then why is the Local Data Size almost double?

The Remote Size on the https://onedrive.live.com/ Web-Site is of 91.1 GigaBytes, that is, smaller with 0.1 GigaBytes. This would lead to the conclusion that on the Local Hard Disk Drive there are 0.1 GigaBytes that have not been uploaded yet.

The Total Count of the Files and Folders is of 979,680 Items, that is, almost one million Items.

I have tested the Uploading Process by simply manually uploading on the https://onedrive.live.com/ Web-Site a small Icon File. The Uploading Process has succeeded. The Automatic Downloading Process has not downloaded it yet, but, with love and compassion, patience and understanding, I am sure that it will also be downloaded in time.

I do not know what kind of solution might come to this situation. The downloading of that single File might take forever or a very short period of time. I can wait again for another fortnight and see what happens.

Please take your time until you answer to this Electronic Mail Message. Consult among yourselves. This is no simple Issue. It sounds more like a test that a Yaksha once gave to the five Pandavas.

Best Regards,
            DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Anurag S (OneDrive) (Microsoft)

Feb 13, 14:49 GMT

Hi DOBRESCU,

We appreciate your patience and efforts you have applied to this ticket. We understand that it has been a long time on this case. Your case was in progress with our concerned escalation team and we need to check few things on your machine again. If these will not help we will require the logs from you again in order to get your case checked again. 

Since there is one file left which is not being synced with your PC, we need to check for the same and then remove it from OneDrive once, to check if the synchronization runs smoothly after that. 
Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar. (You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the OneDrive icon). Click “View sync problems”. Share a screenshot of the same.

Once you find the conflicting file by checking in 'View sync problems', please remove the same from your OneDrive and see if the synchronization works better after that.

Apart from that please confirm are you using 'Files on demand' feature as well?

If yes then the files which you have selected to be 'Locally available'  or 'Always available'  will be the only one which will occupy space on the hard drive.
The files which are marked as 'Online only'  will not occupy the space in your PC and that could be the reason that you will see a discrepancy in the used storage of your OneDrive and your PC.

This article gives all such information about 'Files on demand' feature in detail: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Learn-about-OneDrive-Files-On-Demand-0E6860D3-D9F3-4971-B321-7092438FB38E

Your response is awaited.

Thanks,
Anurag

OneDrive Support

Sorry this didn't help.

Just want you to know I'm watching 👀 & hope there will be a solution. Good to see some progress has happened. 😉.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, "P.C.R.".

I would like to thank you again for the Immense Support that you have provided to me so far.

I would also like to note here that I am not in any way attempting to spoil the Image of the "Microsoft" Corporation.

On the contrary, through my voluntary efforts, I have just been attempting to provide some feedback that would eventually raise a little bit the awareness related to the current state of the "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System.

In my opinion, synchronizing up to one million Items (Files and Folders) on the Internet, occupying around one hundred GigaBytes of DataSpace, is currently just a too daring endeavor that is getting closer and closer to Rocket Science and to remotely driving Electronic Rovers on Mars.

Sometimes, the Mouse stops working and then, after a few Restarts, it starts working again. Also, the "Adjust Volume Control" Gadget from the System Tray is sometimes simply not responding.

I have decided to give up requesting for any kind of help, either on "Questions and Answers" Forums like this one or on the "Stack-Exchange" Web-Sites. Usually, the Issues get solved by themselves somehow or I eventually find a Solution or a Workaround for them on my own.

My only concern is not to be perceived as hostile or as having ill intentions towards the "Microsoft" Corporation or towards the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Support Team. They have done their level best so far in order to help me. It is just that sometimes the things are simply not working.

Best Regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Sorry this didn't help.

You are welcome. Sorry as yet no perfect solution has arrived.

I think you got the sentiments right. I doubt I could have said it better. The support team - a veritable army of them looks like - is trying to help. The ones you communicated with didn't write the OneDrive app or any of Windows, as you said. They probably do what I do, which is to scan the NET for possibilities that did help others & for known issues. They may even test the circumstance on a computer of their own. Finally, they will escalate the issue. Now that you have given them the logs they requested, just sit back & wait for a response (which I think is your plan). In the meantime - as you say - the fix may arrive on its own through Windows Update or you may find something. Just today this one came in...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4074588/windows-10-update-kb4074588

February 13, 2018—KB4074588 (OS Build 16299.248)

Sadly 😢, in its huge list of issues addressed, I see no mention of OneDrive. I worry - as I think you mentioned - that it might have difficulty coming in with all that is going on with OneDrive. You can get it from the link to the catalog in the article, just be sure to match your Windows edition & architecture.

Good luck, & keep us informed.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you remember, back on the Date of 27-December-2017 I have started a Thread on the "Microsoft" "Answers" Web-Site. Its Uniform Resource Locator is the following one:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odfiles-sdwin10/troubleshooting-a-synchronization/c341841b-8be3-4936-9a3c-47689aa90176

You might remember that at the TimeStamp of Friday, 09-February-2018, 05:49 P.M., I was transmitting an enthusiastic Electronic Mail Message to all of you stating that the Synchronization was eventually finished. Only one File was left to be downloaded. That was probably a Software Defect, as the "View Synchronization Problems" Option was unavailable. Never trust a Software Status Report.

More than that, I had manually tested the Uploading Process by manually uploading a Tiny Icon File on the Web Application. That Tiny Icon File is still left to be downloaded.

I thought that I had at most two Files left to be downloaded, then I had the bright idea to change some Settings and all the Hell broke loose. You know - the one about which Shri Mahavira has described at length. Fourteen levels.

The Current Status Report is back at that Huge Size.

You have asked me about the "Files on demand" Feature. I am happy to hear that the "Microsoft" Corporation dares to implement such futuristic features, but I do not need it yet.

My own approach was a simple Plug-and-Play behavior. Take the case of the "MEGA" Cloud Provider which is both excellent as a Software Implementation and is also the only Cloud Provider that currently provides a certain level of Security.

One would install the "MEGA Sync" Software Application, would let it synchronize in a few days and then enjoy its fruits on any Electronic Device, Static or Mobile.

I wanted to perform the same simple thing with a DataSpace of around 100 GigaBytes, but my impression is that the "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System does not handle very well the File System these days. Cloud Providing is still far from being rightly implemented.

I am now pasting here the current Settings so that you have an idea about the Current Setup.

Best Regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Microsoft OneDrive Support <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>
Fri 16-Feb-18, 11:51 PM
You;
##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Anurag S (OneDrive) (Microsoft)

Feb 16, 21:51 GMT

Hi DOBRESCU,

Please make sure that there are no database files in your OneDrive?
Also, make sure that there is no 0 KB file in your OneDrive:

• Log on to OneDrive on the web (https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/).

• Sign in with your Microsoft Account.

• At the top right corner click “Sort”.

• Check “Size” and “Ascending”.

• Then the files of 0 KB size will come at the top.

• Check them and then delete all of them.

We would request you to try all the basic troubleshooting again and in case it will not help we will get your case checked by the higher level technicians again.

If this does not work, try to unlink and then relink your OneDrive again:

1. Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar. (You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the OneDrive icon).

2. Click Settings, and then click unlink OneDrive under Account tab.

3. You will get the Welcome to OneDrive wizard.

4. After that login with your Email address in the login Area.

If this does not work, please try to reset your OneDrive:

1. Press the Windows key + R.

2. In the Run window, enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

3. Click OK.

4. Make sure the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar disappears and then re-appears after a minute or two. Here’s how to check: Right-click the OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.
(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the OneDriveicon).

5. If the OneDrive icon doesn’t re-appear after a few minutes, open the Run window again and enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
Note: If you were not syncing all folders, your selective sync settings may be lost. To check which folders are syncing:

6. Right-click the OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

If this does not work, please uninstall and then reinstall your OneDrive using these steps:

• Open Command Prompt in Administrator mode: Right-click on the Windows icon in the taskbar (or press windows and “X” together) and select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type in taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe to terminate any OneDrive processes and hit Enter.

• Then type in either of the below commands depending if you have a 64 or 32-bit system this will uninstall OneDrive
    %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall if you’re using 64-bit (more common)
    %SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall if you’re using 32-bit

• Go to https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/download/ after OneDrive has been uninstalled and download it

• Run the download and allow it to complete this will ensure the latest version of the Sync Engine is installed 

Once running if the sign in dialogue doesn't appear left click the OneDrive icon in the system notification area in the bottom right and sign in. Try it on a different internet connection as well and share the results.

Helpful article for OneDrive on PC: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17184/windows-10-onedrive

Thanks,
Anurag

OneDrive Support

I had a great idea today. I love it when something clicks in my mind and then I get a brilliant idea.

I said to myself: why not get manual?

This is why I have gone to the https://onedrive.live.com/ "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Web Application.

I have manually moved everything there so that it looks like the way I want it to look in the end - only two Folders: "Documents" and "Pictures".

After that, I have done the same thing within the "C:\Users\DOBRE\OneDrive\" Folder.

Now, the question remains: will these two Folders, "Documents" and "Pictures", eventually get synchronized, ever?

Again, my own approach is to let the Machine knock itself out for a while, to its own pleasure.

If the Situation becomes blurry again, then I shall come back and talk to you. Otherwise, this Discussion will go on endlessly.

I just want to comfort you - for what it is worth it - that other Cloud Providers are no better, either.

Before focusing on the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Cloud Provider, I have been using a number of Cloud Providers. Recently, their number has been seven, but I think that I have tested also some Solutions that are no longer available, such as "SûrDoc" and "Copy", as well as Solutions that are less well-known, such as "4Shared". There must have been at least a dozen of Solutions that I have tried.

Of course, my expectations have always been that the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" is the best Cloud Provider Solution, because it should integrate easier with the File System of the "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System.

Before attempting to put everything on "OneDrive" and to purchase a larger Subscription, I had to clean all of my Cloud Accounts out, including all of my "Google" "Drive" Accounts. I have successfully emptied one of them, but I was not able to empty its Trash Can automatically.

The "Google" "Drive" Support Engineers have suggested that I might manually delete its Files from the "Trash" Folder. I must have spent a few days manually emptying its Trash Can back then.

So this is why I had this bright idea to get manual again.

The "C:\Users\DOBRE\OneDrive\"Microsoft" "OneDrive" Local Folder has a Total Size of only 91.9 GigaBytes, occupied by only 374,220 Files and only 199,301 Folders, which represent only 573,521 Items in total.

Best Regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Microsoft OneDrive Support <REMOVED ELECTRONIC MAIL ADDRESS>
Sun 18-Feb-18, 04:14 AM
You;

Anil K (OneDrive) (Microsoft)

Feb 18, 02:14 GMT

Hi DOBRESCU,

Thanks for the detailed description of your last steps. Please also follow the steps given by our last agent and collect logs if it doesn't solve the issue for you. Our escalations team would like to review the logs.

Thanks,
OneDrive Support

DOBRESCU_Mihai.
Sun 18-Feb-18, 06:56 PM
Microsoft OneDrive Support;

4 attachments (330 KB)

Download all

Save all to OneDrive
View Outlook photos

Dear Members of the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Support Team,

I have just had another bright idea today. I do not know where do these ideas come from. Maybe from Shri Ganesha?

Sometimes, even Shri Ganesha, The Lord of all of the Categories, with all of His Sixty-Four Kalas (Area of Expertise) is unable to unfold the mess that the Human Beings have successfully messed.

I remember a certain "Oracle" Software Engineer who once confessed to me that he got an idea how to solve a certain Software Defect after two years since its Initial Report. So you get the picture.

My own idea has been to feed your Debuggers with something just BEFORE attempting to perform any more Monkey Tricks, according to the Pieces of Advice that you have detailed to me.

I shall let the Machine Knock itself Out for One More Calendar Week and then maybe something will eventually work out. God Speed.

The Software Application is currently in its usual "Downloading" State.

The Online Version of the Data is looking fine.

The Local Version of the Data is looking fine.

Whatever is going on inside, God Only Knows.

I still have the deobfuscation set on.

I have nicely packed some Logs for you and then hanged them on an Account of the "Google" "Drive" Cloud Provider. At least that one is working, for the moment. Sorry, guys.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gt_m4LYQr2XgFPd_aH0WX3HLcufin783

If any kind of miracles does happen during the Following Calendar Week, then I shall come back to you, but I sincerely doubt it.

And please do call me "Mihai". "DOBRESCU" is my Family Name. It is not difficult to remember.

Best Regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Dear "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Support Team,

I might have finally nailed this Issue.

Shri Hanumana's long tail might have entered into my head and played a little bit with my mind.

The Online Version of the Data was looking fine, right?

The Local Version of the Data was looking fine, right?

To my surprise, I have discovered that the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application had started synchronizing some other Folders, other than these "Documents" and "Pictures".

I had again to manually move the Supplemental Folders inside the "Documents" Folder by overwriting some Data that was already present there.

Where did these Supplemental Folders come from? From Mars? From Venus?

The Recycle Bin is empty, right? You can clearly see that bird chirping on its edge.

Then why do I have two "Kubera" Connected Personal Computers in my "Devices View"?

The current "Downloading" State resembles the same sick snail.

My own idea is to:

1. Stop the current Synchronization performed by the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application.

2. Uninstall the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application.

3. Remove both the "Kubera" Connected Personal Computers from my "Devices View".

4. Reinstall the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application.

5. Let the Machine Knock itself Out again for One Calendar Week.

If you have a better idea than this one, then please advise.

Best Regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

I am now coming back with a short addition to my previous Electronic Mail Messages.

One normal question would be how many Electronic Devices (Static and Mobile) are currently using this Account?

The answer is only two: a Laptop Personal Computer and a SmartPhone.

As you can see from the following ScreenShot, the "Google" "Android" Version of the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application is nicely showing only those two Folders: "Documents" and "Pictures".

I guess that the "Google" "Android" Version of the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application is similar to the "Microsoft" "Universal Windows Platform" Version of the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application.

My guess is that both of them are actually just simple Internet Browsers that are not synchronizing the Accounts on the Electronic Devices, but they may be used for manually Uploading and Downloading Files and Folders.

Therefore, I do not expect that the Supplemental Folders that sometimes appear next to those two Folders ("Documents" and "Pictures") are due to the SmartPhone.

I can imagine that the two "Kubera" and "Kubera-1" Instances of Connected Personal Computers have appeared because of a messed-up Version of the Classical Desktop "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application that is currently running on the Laptop Personal Computer.

Please advise.

Best Regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

You will be happy to know that I have attempted some more to fix this Issue.

The Latest Discoveries had revealed that there were two Instances of the Connected Personal Computers to this "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Online Account.

They were not related to any other Electronic Device (such as the SmartPhone), but somehow they were related to the same Laptop Personal Computer.

One of them was "Kubera" and the other one was "Kubera-1".

The former, "Kubera", was declared as inactive. The latter, "Kubera-1", was probably in use, but faulty.

After uninstalling the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application, I have decided to remove both Instances.

It was scary to find out that the Connection of Personal Computers to "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Online Accounts is not available in the "Microsoft" "Windows" 8.1 Operating System.

The Logical Question arises: is this Connection also working in the "Microsoft" "Windows" 10 Operating System?

After removing both Instances, I have had another bright idea.

You probably already know me by now: sometimes I get some kind of bright idea from somewhere.

The idea has been like this: instead of continuously searching for the Software Defect, why not bring the whole Data down, Shri Hanumana's Style?

If you remember, when Shri Hanumana was looking for the Sanjivani Herb in order to place it on Shri Lakshmana's Head, He had some difficulties in finding it. Therefore, He decided to download the whole Dronagiri mountain in a jiffy and to bring it to Shri Rama.

There is only one problem related to this approach: I am not Shri Hanumana.

Since I had previously disconnected the two Instances, the bright idea has been to fetch both Folders ("Documents" and "Pictures") in a jiffy, that is, in an Archive File.

Of course, all of my Three Attempts have been futile. Two attempts have encountered some Networking Errors.

The Third Attempt has managed to download a nice mountain of 40.4 GigaBytes of Data that is not even half of the Total Data of 91.1 GigaBytes.

The reason why the Size of the Archive File is only that much is the fact that probably some Networking Error has appeared, but it has not been detected properly.

Nevertheless, the "7-Zip" Archiver Software Utility has detected a Headers Error. Still, it has succeeded in thoroughly extracting the 40.4 GigaBytes of Data.

The idea has been to download an Archive File with a Size of 91.1 GigaBytes (since it does not have any Compression at all), then to delete both the Folders ("Documents" and "Pictures") from the Online Account and then to empty its Recycle Bin.

After that, I had two options:

1. To forget about the existence of the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application and to maintain a nice, clean and empty "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Online Account for the rest of my life.

2. To attempt to Synchronize the Locally and Manually Extracted and Merged Data with that nice, clean and empty "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Online Account. Synchronizing with nothing is easier than synchronizing with Various Versions.

Since the Third Attempt has failed, then I have to postpone the first option to a certain date in the future. Also, the second option is not available because the downloading has failed.

Under these circumstances, I have decided to move the Local Data from the Internal Winchester Hard Disk Drive to the External Winchester Hard Disk Drive. Relocating more than 90 GigaBytes of Data over a Universal Serial Bus Version 3.0 Connection has proved to be another Lengthy Process.

Since I had previously uninstalled the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Classical Desktop Software Application, I have decided this time to download a brand new Installation Kit, to install it, to configure it over the "D:\Cloud\OneDrive\" Folder that resides on the External Winchester Hard Disk Drive and then to let the Machine Knock itself Out forever. I no longer have any kind of expectations or hopes from it.

Of course, this seems to be another Biblical Issue that might never get solved. Judging by the number of Open Issues related to the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Software Application, I do not see the Current Situation as an acceptable one.

However, since there is no easy and reasonable way to download the 91.1 GigaBytes of Data that are currently residing on the "Microsoft" Servers, I am therefore forced to use this Cloud Provider.

I was once using the "SûrDoc" Cloud Provider. I was nicely, happily and freely enjoying 80 GigaBytes of Online Data until the Software Company that was maintaining it decided to terminate the Service.

Although the "MEGA" Cloud Provider looks like the best available Solution for the moment, one never knows when the Software Company that is currently maintaining it might get bankrupt.

Therefore, the "Microsoft" Corporation - as chaotic as it seems to be - is the only Solution that provides the Smallest Risk of losing everything. Imagine being married to a Rakshasa, to a Devil. Of course, she might not help you at all, but at least you are not alone.

There used to be a time when the Computers were working. I do not know what it is happening nowadays.

Best Regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

You will be very happy to hear that I have finally been able to nail this Issue.

If you remember, I have previously stated on these Electronic Mail Messages and on this Thread the fact that I had already gone before through such a mess, while I was attempting to get rid of the "Google" "Drive" Cloud Provider.

The "Google" "Drive" Cloud Provider did manifest quite nicely, but nevertheless, it was unable to automatically empty its Trash Can. The Software Engineers from the "Google" "Drive" Support Team had advised me at that time to manually delete the Files and Folders from its Trash Can.

I must have spent a Few Days Manually Deleting those Items back then, anyway less than a Fortnight. A Fortnight means a Period of Time comprised of Two Calendar Weeks. It has been an Exhilarating Experience, not thoroughly necessary unless one is a very thorough person who enjoys clearing the mess when things go wrong.

One of you has suggested to me once to get manual. The Best Piece of Advice that I have got from you has been to Delete the User Name. I am not doing exactly that, as I still need this User Name, but I am now Manually Downloading the Items and then consequently Manually Deleting them.

This process is generating much more fun than it happened in the case of the "Google" "Drive" Cloud Provider. Either the Manual Downloading Process is failing with a Network Error, or the "7-Zip" Archiver is discovering a Header Error, or - even if these two steps look as if they are clean - eventually the Unpacked Data contains Download Errors that present Romantic Messages such as the following one:

Sorry, there was a problem downloading some files from OneDrive. Please try again.

353199031974242.ndif - https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1a17242411bdd06e&id=1A17242411BDD06E%21221918&action=Download

This text is written inside a File called as "Download errors.txt". Unless one sees it, it appears as everything went completely fine. Under these circumstances, even if such Files are not created, I am not thoroughly convinced that the Manual Downloading Process has succeeded.

Therefore, I am now happily enduring the Manual Downloading Process of those 91.1 GigaBytes of Data. At the slow pace that it is performing, it might take a Few Calendar Weeks, maybe Two Calendar Months. I shall be happy at its end to completely get rid of the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Cloud Provider.

You will also be very happy to know that I have finally purchased a One TeraByte Subscription from the "MEGA" Cloud Provider, which has already crashed once without saying anything. Apparently, Synchronizing a Few Hundred GigaBytes of Data using the "Microsoft" "Windows" 10 "Home" Edition x64 Operating System is just a Too Daring Attempt for these troubled times.

It is hard for me to believe that the Software Engineers who have designed the "Google" "Drive" Cloud Provider, the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Cloud Provider and the "MEGA" Cloud Provider have failed so much that nothing is really working. My Deep Belief is that something is Terribly Evil deep down the Core of the "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System, particularly in the Intricacies of its File System. I urge its Designers to reconsider its Maintainance.

Anyway, I shall stop now writing these Long and Touching Electronic Mail Messages to you and on this Thread. I would like to thank all of you, especially "P.A. Bear", "P.C.R., Just P.C.R.", "Rolando Vil", "Anurag S.", "Sudha C.", "Sandeep S.", "P. R. Deepak", "Akhil B.", "Jatin K.", "Jyoti U.", "Anil K." and "Ramesh K.", for attempting to provide such Fine Pieces of Support to me. It is clear to me now that nothing is really working as one is expecting them to work and that the goals have to be set much lower than they have been initially intended.

Best Regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Sorry this didn't help.

MicrosoftOneDrive Support <REMOVED ELECTRONIC MAIL ADDRESS>
Tue 27-Feb-18, 07:01 PM
You;

Ramesh K (OneDrive)(Microsoft)

Feb 27, 17:01 GMT

Hi DOBRESCU,

"Microsoft" "OneDrive" creates the ZIP file on the fly as we stream the ZIP file down to the user. This results in slower transfers because the content is collected across many disks/racks and then streamed through a server which must create the ZIP file on the fly.

Overall, downloads from the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" are constrained by more than just the user’s Internet connection maximum speed. Other factors like geographical location, network latency, and "Microsoft" "OneDrive" service utilization can play a role in the transfer speed of files. We continue to investigate performance issues with file transfers in our service and work to ensure the best experience for our customers.

In addition to that, we would suggest using the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Universal "Windows" Platform Desktop Software Application on the "Microsoft" "Windows" 10 Operating System which might fulfill your expectation. If you have any more concern/query related to "Microsoft" "OneDrive", feel free to reach us. We will be more than happy to assist you again.

Thanks,
Ramesh
OneDrive Support

Dear Members of the "Microsoft" "Answers" Community Forums,

Normally, I would mark this Last Reply belonging to "Ramesh K." as the correct answer to this question.

I cannot do that for two reasons:

1. The Original Poster cannot answer their own questions on this Web-Site, as it might happen, for instance, on the "Stack-Exchange" Web-Sites.

2. "Ramesh K."'s recommendation is not really helpful, as the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Universal "Windows" Platform Desktop Software Application does not know yet how to download Full Folders at once, which makes it really useless for this Issue.

Anyway, I take this Last Reply as the official position of the "Microsoft" Corporation regarding the Current State of Cloud Providing Services in general. As I have stated before on this Thread, I suspect that the Main Reason for the Crashing Behavior of the Cloud Synchronization Software Applications actually resides in the File System of the "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System and not in the Synchronization Algorithms themselves.

Since on the Date of Tuesday, 27-February-2018 I have completed a Period of Time of Two Calendar Months since I have started tackling this Issue, I rest my case now and I fall back to the same old Sanskrit Saying: "Sankalpa Vikalpa Karoti", meaning "Whatever you try too much, She breaks".

One cannot force the Current Behavior and Performance of Computer Systems and of the Internet. My general impression is that the Cloud Providing Services are still in their infancy. I still feel that it is tremendously difficult to synchronize less than One TeraByte of Data out there on the Internet. Talking about PetaBytes of Data is just Science-Fiction for the time being.

I would like to thank again my Army of Angels for helping me on this Issue: "P.A. Bear", "P.C.R., Just P.C.R.", "Rolando Vil", "Anurag S.", "Sudha C.", "Sandeep S.", "P. R. Deepak", "Akhil B.", "Jatin K.", "Jyoti U.", "Anil K." and "Ramesh K.".

I hope that the System Administrators and Moderators of this Web-Site will forgive me for composing such Long and Intricate Posts. I was merely attempting to clear out something related to this Biblical Issue.

Best Regards,

DOBRESCU_Mihai.

UPDATE (Monday, 19-March-2018):

Dear Members of the "Microsoft Answers" Community Forums,

With great, great delight, I am happy to report that I have finally been able to synchronize roughly the same Data that I was attempting in vain to fit on the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Cloud Provider.

The Replacement Solution has been the "MEGA" Cloud Provider that is indeed working. It has succeeded in uploading roughly the same Data in only Twenty Days.

This is the Amount of Data that is currently both on the External Winchester Hard Disk Drive that is connected through the Universal Serial Bus Version 3.0 Port to the Laptop Personal Computer and on the "MEGA" Account:

One can clearly see that only 469,233 Items (268,986 Files and 200,247 Folders) that are occupying 282 GigaBytes on the External Winchester Hard Disk Drive that is connected through the Universal Serial Bus Version 3.0 Port to the Laptop Personal Computer currently reside in the "D:\Cloud\" Folder Path.

This is the Summary of the Status Update that pops up when the Icon in the System Tray is clicked:

This is the Line that hovers as a Tool-Tip when the Icon in the System Tray is hovered by the Cursor:

I am extremely, extremely happy right now. Hopefully, one day will come soon when the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Cloud Provider will manage to surpass the performance attained by the "MEGA" Cloud Provider.

Best Regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

POST-SCRIPTUM (Tuesday, 20-March-2018):

Amazingly enough, this has been the allotted period of time that has been necessary in order to solve this Issue:

At the end of this experience, I have finally been able to synchronize my Data on the Cloud, somewhere - it does not really matter where, as it just needs to work out.

It has been an utterly instructive experience, as the reality is far away from the advertised picture.

Cloud Providing will eventually be a good way to store and share Data in the future, but, for the moment, it is just looking as we are the pioneers in this field.

Look at the low number of views of these pages and you will understand that there are not very many people who are interested in uploading more than three documents up there, on the Internet.

Hopefully, in the future, the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Cloud Provider will get out of the black hole that is stuck in for the moment and it will become a usable thing.

Until then, for those of us who are not that patient with Internet uploads, there are still two built-in features of the "Microsoft" "Windows" 10 Operating System that might offer the keys for backing Data up:

1. The "File History" Software Application.

2. The LEGACY "Backup and Restore" Software Application.

But this is a Topic for another Thread.

Best Regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

ONE LAST THING:

I wanted to reply to "Olga_Gh"'s Discussion here, but that Thread is locked, so I am just pasting my thoughts here, as the last reply.

Great Idea, "Olga_Gh".

As far as I can see, there is something really evil within the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Cloud Provider for the time being.

I have myself stumbled upon a weird experience while attempting to solve the Issue that I have detailed at the following Uniform Resource Locator:

I have myself become quite annoyed while attempting to fix this Issue together with the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Support Team Personnel, which is a weird thing that is usually not happening to me.

While searching the Internet for similar Issues, I have found out that the current state of the "Microsoft" "OneDrive" Cloud Provider is hugely provoking intense fights - quite a curious reaction.

For instance, I have found a Thread where people were actively arguing about a simple Desktop Icon Issue that was eventually solved by merely changing a "Microsoft" "Windows" Registry Key from the value of zero to the value of one.

Cloud Providing is an Important Feature of the "Microsoft" "Windows" Operating System that will definitely get more and more interest in the future.

Keep up the good work.

Best Regards,
    DOBRESCU_Mihai.

Sorry this didn't help.