My PC not showing up in Onedrive in Windows 10 (Fetch)

My desktop PC running Onedrive (Windows 10) will not display my PC name for fetching files. I have tried everything and still it will not show. I have checked "Let me use Onedrive to fetch any of ny files on this PC", Unlinked, rebooted, and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. 

Question Info

Last updated September 10, 2018 Views 3,669 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Here's what finally worked for me, I got this from the OneDrive help team, I hope it's okay to share this:

Please go through the following steps to regain Fetch feature on your Windows 10 computer.

These instructions contain steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

1. Open OneDrive app settings:
    1. Right click on OneDrive icon in system tray and click Settings
  2. Select Settings tab and make sure that there's a tick on Let me use OneDrive to fetch any of my files on this PC checkbox and click OK.
  3. Exit OneDrive app:
    • Right click on OneDrive icon in system tray and click Exit
  1. Now open registry editor:
    1. Press WIN + R
    2. Type regedit
    3. Click OK
  1. Navigate to:
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OneDrive\
  1. Inside OneDrive location, right click on Claims folder and click Delete.
  2. Start OneDrive:
    • Press WIN+R
    • Type onedrive and hit Enter
    • - OR -
    • Click Start button
    • In the search input type OneDrive and select OneDrive.exe from search results.
  3. Open OneDrive app settings:
    1. Right click on OneDrive icon in system tray and click Settings
  1. Confirm that Let me use OneDrive to fetch any of my files on this PC is still has a tick on it.
Finally go to https://onedrive.live.com, login with your account and check if PC name appeared under PCs section in left pane of your OneDrive.

29 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.