My Folders Not Showing in OneDrive Folder but are Visible from MS Office Programs

OneDrive is syncing fine.  I can see all files and folders in the cloud.  I also have the option to "save" any of my MS Office files to any of my available OneDrive folders.

However, when I open the One Drive Folder from Windows Explorer, there are no folders or files visible.

I know all of the folders and files are on my PC (windows 10) but I cannot see any of them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2018 Views 20,621 Applies to:

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your that you are unable to find your files under the OneDrive folder of your PC. I will be happy to assist you.

Unlike in Windows 8.1, OneDrive in Windows 10 doesn’t use placeholder files to indicate files that are online only. Instead, you see only the files you choose to sync to your computer.

To set the folders that get synchronized, use OneDrive settings from your computer's notification area on the right side of the taskbar.

1. Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the OneDrive icon.)

2. Click Settings.

3. On the Account tab, at Choose folders to sync on this device, click Choose folders.

4. To make all your OneDrive files available on your computer, check the box at Sync all files and folders in my OneDrive.

To have fewer files on your computer, under Sync only these folders, check the boxes for the folders you want to sync.

Keep us posted if you face any issues with OneDrive in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thanks & Regards,
AS

83 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have already done that and the files and folders are on my computer (somewhere?).  Everything is syncing between OD and my PC. I have both added and deleted files in One Driver folders and seen the changes on my device and in the cloud.   I just can't see the OD files in Windows Explorer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I suggest you to reset OneDrive and check if it helps.

Be aware that resetting OneDrive re-syncs all your OneDrive files, which could take some time depending on how many files you’re syncing.

1.  Press the Windows key + R to open the Run Window.

2.  In the Run Window enter the following: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

3.  Click OK.  The OneDrive system tray icon on the desktop should disappear and re-appear after a minute or two.

4.  If the OneDrive system tray icon does not re-appear after a few minutes, do the following.  In the Run Window Enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Keep us posted on the issue.

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This restarted OneDrive, everything resynced on my PC BUT I still cannot see the folders in the OneDrive Folder.  Basically, I still have the same issue.

Thanks for your assistance here.  I'm hoping with your help I can get this figures out this week :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

This can be an issue with the location where the OneDrive folder is configured. I suggest you move the OneDrive folder location and check if you face the issue, To do so refer the section"Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10, Windows 7, and Previous Operating Systems" from the below article.

Move the OneDrive Folder

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/wiki/odoptions-oddesktop/move-the-onedrive-folder/147dade2-830b-46ee-bf7e-36a8eab9446a

Do reply to us with the results to guide you better.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

PERFECT Sudheendra!  Worked great.

thanks a lot.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved. If you have any issues with OneDrive in future feel free to reply us we'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Now I can see the files that weren't showing up before but in onedrive.live.com, the online onenote files show up as a onenote 'file' of 85MB. Now in windows explorer, they show up with the file name but as a 1KB 'Internet Shortcut'. I want to see the actual 85MB 'file' in explorer so I can make a backup copy to another physical drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a fail from microsoft then.....why doesnt it give you  the option to sync files in the One drive file on documents.... ?  I saveed a file to cloud in my office and then came home and couldnt find it....great user experience. 

every time a user has to 'google' an issue,  its a flaw...what are microsoft managers getting paid to do? maybe they should open a 'logic' dept rather then think of countless apps that no one uses anyway. 

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Why is it a stock answer when asking microsoft for a solution that the 3 things they ask you to do first never work...its the same as 'run a check to see if microsoft can troubleshoot the problem'

Has anyone ever got an answer by doing this ,,i currently running at about 1000 to 0 ratio of fixing the problem. 

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.