Full reset of OneDrive on Windows 10

Hey - I've tried searching and following various guides across the internet, but nothing has worked.

I am trying to do a clean install of OneDrive on a Microsoft Surface with Windows 10. I know that I can't uninstall OneDrive, but I am also failing to disconnect the onedrive > delete all the files in the onedrive on the machine > re-add the onedrive and let it repopulate with all the files.

Can anybody provide me step-by-step instructions on disconnecting my onedrive on this surface so it doesnt sync with the cloud or my other device and then tell me how to delete + re-add everything?

I don't know what I've done wrong so far, but I appreciate your help. 

Question Info

Last updated July 17, 2018 Views 31,964 Applies to:
Suggested Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that, rather unlinking OneDrive and running the setup again. If you want to re-add all the files in OneDrive it is better to perform OneDrive reset, resetting OneDrive re-syncs all your OneDrive files.

Reset OneDrive

If OneDrive sync seems to be stuck for a long time and nothing else is working, try a reset. Be aware that resetting OneDrive re-syncs all your OneDrive files, which could take some time depending on how many files you’re syncing.

1. Press the Windows key + R.

2. In the Run window, enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

3. Click OK.

4. Make sure the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar disappears and then re-appears after a minute or two. Here’s how to check: Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the OneDrive icon.)

5. If the OneDrive icon doesn’t re-appear after a few minutes, open the Run window again and enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

For reference:

Using OneDrive on Surface

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/storage-files-and-folders/onedrive-on-surface?os=windows-10

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
Yaseer.

38 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.