OneDrive for Mac on OSX 10.10.3 Keeps crashing on sync

My 2013 Macbook Pro has been out of commission for a couple of months (the screen was cracked). After I repaired the screen, I accidentally deleted some cache files trying to clear up hard drive space and I had to do a Time Machine back up to six months ago. Then, I downloaded and installed OSX 10.10.3. Upon doing so, OneDrive (personal) will not stay open. If I open the app, the icon will show in the Status Menu and it will sync for a little bit, but then the app will crash and the icon will disappear. I remember having a similar issue when I was running a beta version for Mac OSX 10, but this is the stable version from the App Store. Any suggestions on how to fix this? If I cannot get it to work on my Mac, I'm going to ditch OneDrive and go back to using my Dropbox account all the time.

Question Info

Last updated May 20, 2018 Views 11,820 Applies to:
Answer

I skipped the Unlink step, removed the app, removed the folders in Containers, and finally removed the OneDrive folder.

The new thing was using Disk Utility I did a Verify Permissions function for the drive and then a Repair Permissions function.

Then I re-installed OneDrive. It does not immediately close now and seems to be downloading from the cloud. I wish I could see more information.  But time will tell.

Thanks.

-Ric

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi Antonia,

We suggest that you try to restart OneDrive and Update.

To troubleshoot OneDrive for Mac, check this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.