How to Uninstall OneDrive completely in Windows 10 ? here are the instructions!

in previous Windows 10 Builds (for example in Windows 10 Build 9879) I was able to uninstall manually and completely OneDrive from Store (the modern version) and from Add/Remove Software (the desktop version) without troubles.

but now in Windows 10 Build 9926 I can find a way to uninstall OneDrive.

what can I do now to uninstall it ?

well, I've made an uninstaller tool to remove OneDrive completely in Windows 10, I hope is useful for everyone until Microsoft fix the issue.

here is the tool: http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/IfLGZv7J/file.html (it does not have virus, is just a false positive with some AV due the file is a batch code).

and here is the code:

@echo off
cls

set x86="%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe"
set x64="%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe"

echo Closing OneDrive process.
echo.
taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe > NUL 2>&1
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Uninstalling OneDrive.
echo.
if exist %x64% (
%x64% /uninstall
) else (
%x86% /uninstall
)
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 10 > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive leftovers.
echo.
rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "C:\OneDriveTemp" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel.
echo.
REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1
REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1

pause

Discussion Info

Last updated October 17, 2018 Views 225,279 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Then you better check your cell phone buddy.

All that stuff is logged to the phones company's servers and made available to the FBI as needed.

I don't like Windows 10, and definitely don't like implementing it in a large work environment.

But what I don't like is people like you that whine about going to Linux.

Who cares? You want to go to Linux, go for it.

This thread is about Windows 10 not Linux.

So go off to your Linux website and complain about Windows, all of us are just looking for a solution to the annoying one drive debacle.

Oh, and FYI, when your awesome, perfect Linux servers and PC's are connected to the Internet, you too are at risk of having all of your data transferred somewhere.

And if you were so good at servers and computers, seems to me that you would be able to block the outgoing traffic to the MS servers. But hey, I am just some guy just making all of this stuff up...or am I? 

It was set as the default folder after an update in mid August that changed a lot of things Win 10 did, moving things from my original documents folder strictly to the cloud, unless it was defaulting to the cloud itself which is highly possible.

Trying Recova now, though to be honest, I panicked more and already reset Windows while keeping the files intact, hoping that would do something. I'm running into an unrelated issue and will likely have to reinstall Windows 10 completely, but with luck I can save sometying before I'm completely out of options.

-edit-

It looks like the restart I did sealed my fate, and everything is now permanently gone. Thank you for turning me to this program though, as with it I now at least have a fail safe to fall back on in case something like this happens again...

Doing a deep scan seems to be providing more results, and I may be able to save my work yet! Thank you SO MUCH for your help, and I will definitely be more mindful about the things I do on this computer.

As for the code, it works as intended and I have no qualms with it, and I thank you for making it. I just didn't exercise good judgment on my part, which lead to my own downfall. However, I ended up un-syncing my files, thinking it would prevent Windows from bothering me, which led me to try your solution. Unfortunately meant stuff I have is outdated, and a mistake on my end caused the storage to be overfilled and not save everything anyway.

However, I made this bed, so I'm prepared to sleep in it.

you will not lose the files with my script, because the files will still be stored online in your ondrive cloud folder.

my script shutdown OneDrive process and uninstall it before delete files, so the deletion of files is locally only.

You shouldn't lose your personal documents unless they were actually stored in the "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" folder, which the above script does unceremoniously delete.  Perhaps it was the silly Libraries feature that caused them to be saved in that folder while appearing in the Documents folder.  I hate the Libraries feature in Windows with a passion!

Anyway, if your C: drive is a HDD and not a SSD, you should be able to get most of your files back using Piriform Recuva if you act soon.  The free version is perfectly fine.  When you start Recuva, cancel the wizard.  Go to Options -> Actions, tick Restore folder structure, and click [OK].  Click [Scan].  See if your files were found.  You can sort the list by Path so that all the files are together in the list.  Click on your first file, scroll down to the last file, hold down the [Shift] key, and click your last file.  Now that all your lost files are selected, right-click one of them and click Recover Highlighted.  Choose to recover them to a USB flash drive, an external HDD, or anything that's not C:\ (the recovery can overwrite still yet unrecovered files if you recover over the drive with the deleted files).

Dear Microsoft, please make Windows 10 functional, pretty & intuitive, not boring, clumsy & buggy!

in previous Windows 10 Builds (for example in Windows 10 Build 9879) I was able to uninstall manually and completely OneDrive from Store (the modern version) and from Add/Remove Software (the desktop version) without troubles.

but now in Windows 10 Build 9926 I can find a way to uninstall OneDrive.

what can I do now to uninstall it ?

well, I've made an uninstaller tool to remove OneDrive completely in Windows 10, I hope is useful for everyone until Microsoft fix the issue.

here is the tool: http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/IfLGZv7J/file.html (it does not have virus, is just a false positive with some AV due the file is a batch code).

and here is the code:

@echo off
cls

set x86="%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe"
set x64="%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe"

echo Closing OneDrive process.
echo.
taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe > NUL 2>&1
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Uninstalling OneDrive.
echo.
if exist %x64% (
%x64% /uninstall
) else (
%x86% /uninstall
)
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 10 > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive leftovers.
echo.
rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "C:\OneDriveTemp" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel.
echo.
REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1
REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1

pause

Do not do this unless you back up all your documents before the process starts. I know for a lot of people this is second nature, but for those, like me, only have just an idea of what you're doing and a problem in need of a solution, this is critical information!

After a recent update to Windows 10 that changed up how documents are handled, they completely unhooked the windows documents to function exclusively on One Drive as a sort of surrogate Documents folder. When I ran the uninstaller here, it DID get rid of one drive, all the registry keys and everything relevant to the software, but it ALSO erased everything in the drive that was there, and because I wasn't aware that it would do that, I now have lost everything I've worked on in my one drive/documents folder.

If you already back up your files on a regular basis and want to try this method, good, go ahead. It's safe. If you don't back up your files, DO IT RIGHT NOW before you attempt this, other wise you will be without any of your personal files, be it music, game files or things you do for work.

Hopefully others will at least read this before making a rash decision like I did, as I don't even know what I can do about this anymore.

The above solution (batch file) worked great on my Windows 10 Home edition (32 bit).   After running the batch file, the formerly problematic One Drive application was removed successfully from the system.

Now, I have a fresh One Drive application again in my system and it's running fine.

Thank you Melerix.

p/s Here is the link to the batch file: Remove One Drive.bat

I disabled one drive from the get go and its just layed dormant and I haven't heard boo out of it.. windows essentials is one program I can think of that contains one drive install..

Sorry buddy, but your recommendation is falling on deaf ears. 

I would suggest that you DO uninstall because I disabled it at first and windows turned it back on.

I have never had any application try to reinstall it, but many apps that use it have turned it back on without my permission. I have two computers. one for work with onedrive disabled and one at home with it uninstalled and I have had so much fewer incidents with onedrive uninstalled than I have with it disabled. 

Source?
I work in I.T. 

I do this for money.

Microsoft is my favorite company to buy things from, only to change them completely.
<3

Funny yes OneDrive is such an Important feature of win-10 = Not :D

M$ needs to get off the OneDrive typical uninstall garbage.

Put it in the apps store where all these M$ apps belong.

Mcafee/Norton/IOBit security should not be Installed on a functioning computer=FreeAdvice
I don't recommend you uninstall one drive but preferably disable it... because some programs you install after doing that will require you to re-install it... best option is to disable one drive and leave it to lay dormant on your PC.