Question

Q: Onedrives shrinking storage.

Who can we as consumers send our complaints to (that will actually listen) about Onedrives remarkably anti consumer move of lowering the free storage from 30gb down to just 5gb?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

I suggest you to sign in to your OneDrive account on another device or a browser and check if it still show that your storage has been reduced. If you still face this issue, I suggest you to contact Microsoft Accounts and Billing Team. You can contact Accounts and Billing team on the link given below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus?wa=wsignin1.0#

Let us know if you need any other help related to OneDrive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is this an automated response? If not, see this to understand what I am talking about. 
https://blog.onedrive.com/onedrive_changes/

Sorry this didn't help.

Even though Microsoft is reducing OneDrive space, 5Gb of space is pretty generous for one user. I mean I have a 2Tb external drive for backup and I haven't even used half this drive for everything

Sorry this didn't help.

5gb is not plenty. Its hardly any space at all. With photo back up from our lumias, and music streaming with groove there is no way 5gb is even close to enough. You not being able to fill a 2tb drive has nothing to do with the average user.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is this reply for real?

On top of the storage reduction their staff appear clueless. I was loyal to Microsoft (except for phones), not now.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft os reducing your space to 5Tb not 5Gb Yauda Lauer

Sorry this didn't help.

That was a typo Yehuda it should say 5 Tb in my post

Sorry this didn't help.

Not fair,

This article says that free users will not be grandfathered into their plans, and will be reduced to 5GB after one year.  Why not just reduce the storage for overt abuers of the system?  Even that is not exactly a good business model.  All this will do is move more users to Drop Box and Google Drive:

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/11/microsoft-drops-unlimited-onedrive-storage-after-people-use-it-for-unlimited-storage/

Jack

Sorry this didn't help.

That is for Office 365 users, reduction to 5Gb.

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope! I read that wrong sorry guys. But people were abusing this. There were accounts with 75Tb in storage on these free accounts. This is meant for office documents, not someones whole video and music library! LOL just image, if Microsoft didn't put a stop to it, let's say if they achieve their goal of 1 billion users using Windows 10 and every user that would store 75Tb of data on a Microsoft server for free. Imagine how many data centers they would need just to store all that information. I couldn't imagine Microsoft would only give a Windows 10 user, not office 365, only 5Gb of space, you couldn't even back up your computer with 5Gb. That would render OneDrive useless to keep system backups on LOL but then I didn't read the news correctly on this already so ya know.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 235 Last updated: April 30, 2018 Applies to: