Question

Q: About the most recent hot "storage capacity deduction"

Quick link: https://blog.onedrive.com/onedrive_changes/

My question is: I am a free user, who has 40GB in total, including free 15GB, 10GB loyalty storage, and 15GB camera roll bonus.

I have used over a half of total storage, while most of them are camera roll backup.

If this decision takes effect, does this mean I NEED to remove almost all my files stored in OneDrive?

If so, then I am really sorry but I plan to abandon OneDrive once and for all.

Regards.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that, as the blog says "Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016".

Any further update with regards to the storage issues you may refer https://blog.onedrive.com/ and keep you up to date.

Hope this information helps you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would like to inform you that, as the blog says "Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016".

So, if i understand this correctly, there are no plans of reintroducing the camera roll storage bonus in the future. I now have 100GB bing bonus, but when this will end i will be left with 5GB even for my photos. Basically, i don't see why i should stick with Microsoft...

Give me a good reason why i should pay 700€ for the lumia 950XL? Basically at the end of every month i have to go and free these 5GB of space from the cloud just because of "a small number of users " to quote the blog post. I can understand you limiting the unlimited space, but why punish free users? I know i'm not the only one, but i have a lot of microsoft products, from surface to office and lumia, the integration between them was awesome and all thanks to onedrive. I want to know why i should keep these products. I honestly see no good and valid reason at this point...

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah. And it seems that I either need to find another way to backup my photos, or seek for other cloud storage products. 

This announcement is an end of free Mocrosoft OneDrive for me. As long as they just don't care about what user would think, user would not need to care about what Microsoft would hope. 

Sorry this didn't help.

What I would suggest to Microsoft is this. When a person creates a OneDrive account. This account should be good for three devices. A phone, surface tablet, and desktop or laptop, or any combination of the three. With space allotment equal to the maximum storage capability of all 3 devices combined.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 179 Last updated: April 30, 2018 Applies to: