How do I get the iCloud add in for new Outlook? Unable to use iCloud contacts and calendar.

How do I get the iCloud add in for new Outlook? Unable to use iCloud contacts and calendar. One computer works fine. The other, no add in option in Outlook add ins options. I've deleted and reloaded the program.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Tray Traylor,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Microsoft Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

Based on the description, you are trying to get iCloud add-in for your new Outlook to sync your contacts and calendar. Let us see how we can help.

We would like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution to your concern.

1. What is the version of Office application you are using?

2. Do you have other version of Office installed in your device?

You can use iCloud for Windows to synchronize your calendar and contacts between your iOS device and Outlook. To install iCloud for Windows, use the following steps. 

• Download and install iCloud for Windows.

• After installation, launch the iCloud app and sign in with your Apple ID and password.

• In the iCloud app, select the option to sync Contacts and Calendars, then click Apply.

• Once the setup has finished, launch Outlook. Your iCloud contacts and calendars should now be synchronizing with Outlook.

For your reference, see: Use iCloud for Windows to synchronize calendar and contacts with Outlook

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Tomm_A

Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

MS Office Home and Business 2021.  Office 2010 was uninstalled.  No others.  I reinstalled a few times, I now have the icloud add ins in options menu, but no iCloud options on the Outlook bar menu.  All the other has been completed.  Seems like I have a bad download..  

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Tray Traylor,

Thank you for your quick response.

We appreciate for providing more details with your concern. It appears that the issue is more complicated that what we have expected and we suggest contacting our live support channel because they have the right tools to check what is causing your iCloud contacts and calendars not synching. Let us help you how to get there. Below are the steps on how to reach our live support channel.

• Please use this link: Contact - Microsoft Support

• Under tell us our problem, describe briefly your concern. You can type like: My Outlook contacts are not synching

• Click Get Help.

• You will be provided with self-help articles. Skip and click Contact Support button at the bottom.

• Select product under Product and services.

• Select your support category then click Confirm.

• You will be provided with support option. You can select Chat with support option or schedule a callback. Take note that other option may not be available in some region.

• You will need to confirm your email account and you may attach file if needed then click Confirm.

We are confident that you will get the best assistance with your concern through contacting live support representative.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Tomm_A

Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Tomm_A

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hallo,

I have the same problem here. I switched to new Outlook and new Teams and since then all the settings are not available anymore. I used my iCloud contacts, calender etc. before in the old Outlook version but now it's synchronized but there aren't any data then.

Best,

Judith

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hallo,

I have the same problem here. I switched to new Outlook and new Teams and since then all the settings are not available anymore. I used my iCloud contacts, calender etc. before in the old Outlook version but now it's synchronized but there aren't any data then.

Best,

Judith

Hi,

I have the same issue - could not get the iCloud add-in to work on my Windows PC with the new Outlook client. The old Outlook client seems to work and all iCloud calendar events were synched ok and one could see them from Outlook.

I found a workaround though. I got the iCloud calendar to sync to the new Outlook by creating an Apple app-specific password and adding a new email account from the new Outlook settings page.

Settings / Email Accounts / Add Account

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This seems to be a fairly major issue for a lot of users. This is dirt simple for the current outlook and I can't imagine why it can't be made to work with the New Outlook. Am I missing something? I hate to spend a lot of time starting to seriously spend time making New my primary tool until this is made to work--

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Has this problem been resolved?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had no response from Microsoft (or anyone else) about this. I have seen a several comments that infers that there is a simple solution to converting a large contact list from a .vcf file to a workable .csv file, but I have been unable to find it. It is a definite "show stopper" for me--

Wish someone would take it on and get it solved!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How do I get the iCloud add in for new Outlook? Unable to use iCloud contacts and calendar. One computer works fine. The other, no add in option in Outlook add ins options. I've deleted and reloaded the program.

It was an issue with outlook. I had the same problem. New computer with windows 11. Microsoft Outlook 2019 (Microsoft Office professional plus 2019). I closed Icloud. I went into settings - installed apps - scrolled down to Microsoft Office professional plus 2019. selected modify and chose the quick repair option. it closed outlook and repaired it. I restarted the Iclould app and then the choose to sync mail, contacts and calendars re appeared as an option. Fixed! not sure how this fairs for other office/outlook versions. If you just re-install the same program you get the same issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 3,263 Applies to: