Windows 8.1 Preview (build 9431) IE 11 renders Exchange 2013/Office 365 OWA in Light version

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 Preview (build 9431) IE 11 renders Exchange 2013/Office 365 OWA in Light version.  If I install Firefox it renders OWA appropriately. 

Is there a setting in IE that I can turn on/off to display OWA properly?

Question Info

Last updated December 15, 2017 Views 2,073 Applies to:

Hi David,

Since the problem is with Internet Explorer 11 rendering Office 365 Outlook Web Access in Light version, it would be best if you post in the following Community:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/default.aspx

If you have any questions related to Office suite, you can always reply and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Thank you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Since this is a Windows 8.1 Preview issue I thought this forum was appropriate but I'll cross-post there as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

Paul Thurrott has a workaround partway down this article:

winsupersite.com/.../office-365-windows-81-preview

And then there’s Outlook Web App (OWA, formerly called Outlook Web Access). This is the one area I’ve seen an issue with using Office 365 and Windows 8.1, and the solution wasn’t immediately obvious. When you access OWA, perhaps by clicking the Outlook, Calendar or People links in the Office 365 toolbar, you’re presented with this little blast from the past:

The trick, of course, is to use IE’s Compatibility View feature to display the OWA web site correctly. But there are two tricks to making this happen. First, you must do so from the desktop version of IE. And second, the interface for configuring this feature is a bit hard to find.

To fix OWA under Windows 8.1, open the desktop version of Internet Explorer, sign-in to Office 365 and navigate to OWA (choose Outlook from the menu). Then, tap the ALT key on your keyboard to make the IE menu appear (it’s hidden by default) and then choose

In the Compatibility View window that appears, click Add to add Outlook.com to the web sites to which you’ve added to Compatibility View.

Click Close to close the window. IE 11 desktop will automatically reload OWA, and it will display correctly. In IE 11 Modern, you will just need to reload the page. Voila. It works.

Daryl Sensenig

Sorry this didn't help.