Save/Print as PDF crashes Word

Hello, I've had this issue for a while now and figured now is the time to try and fix it :)

Whenever I try to convert a Word document to PDF, whether it be thruogh the PDF toolbar, or the print dialog window, Word will crash. All other applications (e.g. Excel) can convert documents to PDF perfectly fine. I only have this issue with Word.

Any thoughts?

Question Info

Last updated October 15, 2019 Views 23,487 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I suggest cleaning out your PC as described in the following FAQ:http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

Then check with Adobe that you have the latest version/updates for Acrobat. I'm sure that Word 2003 needs Acrobat v8 with all the updates.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
"phill_r" wrote in message news:3ffed8c7-1862-4ce4-b53c-f0a4b8fc1860...

Hi Doug, thanks for the response. I'm using Word 2003. By 'PDF toolbar', I meant the toolbar add-in from Adobe Acrobat.

Would you suggest that I re-install Microsoft Word or re-install Adobe Acrobat? When un-installing either applicaiton, would a normal un-install (e.g. the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel) suffice, or do I need to do it in a very meticulous manner?

I don't really want to switch to non-Adobe PDF products for personal preference :)

Terry Farrell
tf

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.