What replaces office picture manager in office 2013?

The Office Picture Manager has been a very quick and easy tool to use, built into Office and readily available no matter what machine I have to use.  I would rather not have to install 3rd party software to do what MS has made easy to do in the past.

Any word on what this app is called now and where it's hidden in the Office 2013 install?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2018 Views 863,782 Applies to:
Answer

The best workaround I've found is to use the free SharePoint Designer 2010 to bootstrap the MS Office Picture Manager.

You can get the SharePoint Installer from this post:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Office_Productivity/Office_Suites/MS_Office/A_12697-How-to-Install-Microsoft-Office-Picture-Manager-in-Office-2013.html

Then, for more detailed instructions, you can follow the Guide Here:

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-install-and-get-microsoft-office-picture-manager-back-in-office-2013/

The short version is to run the installer.  

Then choose "Customize" instead of "Install Now".  

Then deselect everything that's not "Office Tools" > "Microsoft Office Picture Manager"

103 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
The Office Picture Manager has been a very quick and easy tool to use, built into Office and readily available no matter what machine I have to use.  I would rather not have to install 3rd party software to do what MS has made easy to do in the past.

Any word on what this app is called now and where it's hidden in the Office 2013 install?

Thanks!

Hey John,

You are correct that Office Picture Manager was removed from the suite. Inside programs such as PowerPoint and Word there are still editing tools. You also have Windows Live Photo Gallery  which I feel is a much more program specific picture editing tool. Hopefully the small change does not effect your trial of the Next Microsoft Office.
Thanks for Posting!

45 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.