OneNote for Android: Error 80630056

Hi there,

I recently purchased a BlackBerry Priv, running Android 5.1.1, and installed the latest version of OneNote (15.1.6330.4427) from Google Play. However, when I try to sign in to the app using my personal Microsoft account (with an Office 365 subscription), the screen says "Getting notes" for a few seconds and then displays Error 80630056, as seen below:

Hitting OK just closes the app, and trying again does not fix it. I've tried rebooting the phone, reinstalling the app, as well as deleting my account from Android (I have other Microsoft apps from which OneNote detected my account) and then signing into it again via OneNote.

Multiple other owners of the BlackBerry Priv are having this issue as well. Can anyone offer a solution? Or is this an issue with the app/OS?

EDIT: Microsoft hasn't responded with a working solution here, but I can confirm, along with other users, that the OneNote for Android Alpha works on the Priv. Keep in mind that, as an alpha version, there will likely be several bugs, so try this at your own risk. If that doesn't bother you, you can signup to the Alpha program here: https://plus.google.com/communities/117008986319398193458

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2018 Views 130 Applies to:
Answer

Hello Everyone,

We are happy to inform you that we have fixed the Blackberry Priv issue with our latest update of 15.1.6724.4426. Please update to the latest version and let us know if things are working fine now.

Thanks! 

Regards,

Mitali Jain

Program Manager

OneNote for Android

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.