• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

Delete OneNote Template? Template Manager?

JC_1975 asked on

I created a template in OneNote 2013 and named it incorrectly.  I would like to delete it from the list in My Templates, as I don't want to accidentally select it for use later.  How can I delete it?  It's been a while since I used OneNote (several years ago), but I seem to remember a Template Manager of sorts.  Is that still available in ON2013?  If so, how do I get to it?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

67 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Noyonima H [MSFT] replied on

Hi everyone,

Following up on this issue --

A fix was released with update 16.0.7466.2038 for OneNote 2016 on Nov 11 to resolve this matter. To download the update right away, open any Office app and click File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.

After you install the update, you should be running version 1610 (build 7466.2038). Please let us know if the Delete button is enabled again. We look forward to your confirmation on this thread.

Thank you for your patience,

Noyonima

7 people found this helpful

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
JC_1975 replied on

For anyone interested...  I figured out a way to delete my template.  Using my nifty Surface Pro 3 pen, I selected the template in question (under My Templates drop down) and a menu appeared that allowed me to select "delete". 

Random button-pushing sometimes pans out.... 

2 people found this helpful

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
Protocols replied on

[SOLUTION INCLUDED]

Hi

Like others on here Delete is now greyed out as in not enabled. This wasn't an issue in past versions and despite clearing cache, restarting and repairing it is still grey. This happened after I deleted a template the standard way only for all remaining templates to be read only. This is definitely a OneNote 2016 issue and I really don't want to have to reinstall all of office for this.

Unbelievable there isn't even COM access to templates and the add on support for OneNote is none-existent.

Solution

- Go to C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates

- Open My Templates.one

- Delete the pages you don't need, as a result those templates will be removed from My Templates expander.

201 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress