Device 1:

Tablet

Nvidia Shield Tablet

Android 5.0.1 Stock

Device 2:

Phone

SM-G900A

Android 4.4.2 custom ROM

I'm having a strange issue with my OneNote pages.  Normally, I use my finger to tap in order to bring up the cursor to start inputting text.  However, I have noticed that on any page consisting of multiple slides imported from powerpoint presentations, it will not let me tap to input text after the 39th page.  When I tap an area beyond some invisible horizontal threshold occurring around the 39th slide, it automatically places the cursor at the top of the entire page.  This bug has been demonstrated on two separate android devices, and does not occur on the windows desktop version of OneNote 2013.

Steps to replicate:

1. Created a new notebook on PC version, saved to OneDrive

2. Created a new powerpoint consisting of 45 numbered slides (blank besides a number)

3. In default "New Section 1", I inserted the test powerpoint printout using the "File Printout" option under the "Insert" menu

4. Shift + F9 to sync to OneDrive

5. On either device, scrolled down to slide 39 and tapped on the slide.

6. Tapping on slide 39 itself allows text input on it

7. Tapping on slide 40 causes the cursor to appear at the top of the page, (above slide 1).

Video demonstrating the bug happening on my phone.

Another video demonstrating the bug after I remembered I could show tap feedback on the screen.

I'm not sure where to report bugs, so I'm just posting it here in case microsoft ever wants to fix it.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2019 Views 395 Applies to:
MS does look for feedbacks over here however suggest you to report the bug over here. https://onenote.uservoice.com/
Truth is still truth, even if you don't believe in it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having this exact same issue. Can place cursor all throughout the document except for the last tenth or so. This is very weird and very frustrating because it's a page that I take notes in daily. It just started happening in the last two weeks.

The OP's video captures the issue perfectly.

Has anyone else seen this or dealt with it? This is the only post about it that I can find after a bunch of Googling.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm guessing no one ever found the solution to this problem? So glad my android tablet is now useless.

Sorry this didn't help.