Insiders: Tell us what do you think of the new Shared with Me feature in Word/PowerPoint/Excel!

Hi Insiders,

This is Patrick again from the Office Collaboration team. Ever have a document shared with you and then had trouble finding it again? Yeah, us too! To help with this issue, we’ve created a new Shared with Me feature. You can get an early look at the feature on Word, PowerPoint and Excel in the latest Office Insider Fast update for Office 2016 Version 1610 (Build 7329.1000 or greater.)

Here’s how it works: When someone shares a document, presentation, or spreadsheet with you, that file will automatically appear when you click Open > Shared with Me.

For the file to show up in Shared with Me , the shared document must be stored on OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint Online.

We’d love for you to take this feature through its paces, paying particular attention to the following:

1. How long does it take for documents shared with you to show up in the list?
  2. Is the list accurate?

As an Office Insider Fast participant, you're first in line to see and use the Shared with Me feature. Don't hesitate to let us know how its working for you and where we might improve!

Thanks!

Patrick

Insider Fast team

Possibly an unsupported scenario, as I know Insider Fast is more targeted at consumer, but against and E3 tenant I am not seeing the Shared With Me option - the next line is my sharepoint tenant :(

Cheers

Janson

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Janson,

Sorry to hear about this! What version of Office Insider Fast are you on?

Patrick

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Patrick

Something has changed as I now see the shared with me option! Wasn't there last night UK time! 

I'm on build 7329.1000

Cheers

Janson

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Seems Very useful, simplifying discovery
- Bill
Windows 10 Fast Insider
Dell XPS-8700, Surface Pro 128
Office 365 Home
VS Community 2019
SQL Server 2019

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

well my Microsoft office wont let me do my stuff I need to do on word document so if you could please help me out that would be great.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Yvonne,

Can you tell us what specific issues you're having with Word? And are you on Insider Fast, or Insider Slow?

Best,

-Erik, Office Newsroom

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Janson,

Thanks for the update - let us know what you think of the feature now that it has shown up!

Patrick

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Insiders,

This is Patrick again from the Office Collaboration team. Ever have a document shared with you and then had trouble finding it again? Yeah, us too! To help with this issue, we’ve created a new Shared with Me feature. You can get an early look at the feature on Word, PowerPoint and Excel in the latest Office Insider Fast update for Office 2016 Version 1610 (Build 7329.1000 or greater.)

Here’s how it works: When someone shares a document, presentation, or spreadsheet with you, that file will automatically appear when you click Open > Shared with Me.

For the file to show up in Shared with Me , the shared document must be stored on OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint Online.

We’d love for you to take this feature through its paces, paying particular attention to the following:

1. How long does it take for documents shared with you to show up in the list?
  2. Is the list accurate?

As an Office Insider Fast participant, you're first in line to see and use the Shared with Me feature. Don't hesitate to let us know how its working for you and where we might improve!

Thanks!

Patrick

Insider Fast team

Yes I shared with me option.
shankar

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 90 Applies to: